Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 30 - The first month is over..........

I have to say before I start that I am REALLY CHUFFED today as I have just looked at the statistics for my blog and it was read by over 60 people yesterday. That is a record for me, its usually around the 40 mark. It may not see a lot to some, but for this fledgling blogger I think its pretty good!

Well, a day off  today and a chance to step back from work and start thinking about moving the restaurant forward. I think sometimes to progress, you have to step away from the core of the topic and look at it almost as an outside observer. I havent decided exactly yet, but a couple more conversations should set the ball in motion. Got a couple of close friends to mull over it with and we will go from there.

On to the 'journey'. I started my day with a cup of tea and some home made hummus on 2 small slices of toast. 250 calories.

Lunch was a BIG test for me today. We had gone to do all the things we cant get round to doing on the 13 out of 14 days we work, so it was a pretty full on day and by 4 pm we were really hungry and miles from home. For the 2nd time in 30 days I had to eat out. The first time was easy, but today, the dreaded Chinese buffet! I think I did quite well,....... I went up (for the 1st time)  and came back with some tuna, lettuce, 1/2 an egg, a little tomato and 2 small slices of baguette. I ate that very slowly and patted myself on the back for avoiding all the other temptations, that was until plate 2! I have to say that although I went for the 2nd plate, I did avoid anything that was deep fried. I managed to walk past the spring rolls, crispy duck, pancakes, sesame prawn toasts, anything with pastry, and anything that looked like it may contain calories. What I'm basically saying is that I walked past all the nice stuff!! I did however have a little pile of rice noodles, the same in rice (YES, OKAY, IT WAS FRIED!), some chicken with chilli and some prawns. Cant really divulge the calories as I dont have a clue. Whatever it amounted to, I still know that I have eaten less than 1900 today and if I'd gone 6 weeks ago, I would have eaten 4 huge plates of the bad stuff.

Tonight I have nibbled on a handful of pistachio nuts and had a small glass of wine and so that is todays total daily intake

I am going to attempt something interesting tomorrow, might do a 'healthy barbie' or similar. Will keep you informed and hopefully have some interesting pictures for yuo all as well

Sleep tight and speak to you all tomorrow

5 comments:

  1. Thanks to Serena Akeroyd for allowing me to use the word 'fledgling' ! She's a fantastic writer.
    Serena Akeroyd - Fledgling Romance Writer: Trope Trouble

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you charmer you! How am I supposed to start charging you for using that word, when you acknowledge me! :P Well done Slimbo, I can't tell you how proud I am of you! To stay strong and stick to it, is marvellous and don't they always say that it's eating out that is the test. In 30 days you're supposed to break a habit, well, I think you're definitely doing just that! Congrats and well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are well into it now Jim, there's no going back. You have had an excellent month, even with a few ups and downs. You know you can do it. Fantastico!
    I am still clicking on these ads, is anyone else doing it?

    ReplyDelete