Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 23

Another pretty non eventful day really. Breakfast was muesli with milk at about 11 am and that did me until about 3pm when I nibbled on 2 crisp breads with home made hummus and coriander. Yum! Calorie intake for breakfast and lunch 500. I also made a beetroot dip type thingy. Not sure how to describe it really.... It was just beetroot (about 300g) with, 50g of stale bread, lemon juice,  a few peanuts ( I wanted to use tahini, but couldnt find it), a little cumin powder, a clove of garlic and salt & pepper. Here's a picture of it and the hummus to give you an idea.....



The hummus is great as a spread for toast etc, so no need for butter or anything else thats fattening! I didn't use tahini as a) its pretty high in calories and b) I couldnt get any! So its simply chickpeas, lemon juice, a little garlic, a little olive oil and coriander. Its really nice! The beetroot 'thing' is an interesting flavour. I think it would go really well in a cheese sandwich or with a goats cheese salad or similar. I had it on toast with a tuna salad! It wouldn't normally be a combination I would put together, but it did the job.....


I have decided that tomorrow I am going to create something with chicken. It will hopefully be quite early in the evening as I will be glued to the TV watching Chelsea-Barcelona later on so I will be with you all again when its over. Enjoy the rest of your evening peeps and speak tomorrow

Ciao for now......

8 comments:

  1. Jim, do you have any recommendations for healthy snacks? Ones that aren't boring or too difficult to make? Also, could you link me to your Food Page on facebook? Cheers! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks great Jim, we had the fish again, beautiful, even the jalapenos were great, not too hot, you're going to have to try it, and don't forget to have it with spinach, see you Wednesday love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might try it with chicken tomorrow actually! Need to prep something quick for din dins tomorrow cos I'll be watching the footy! Was it Lidl or Aldi that had the special on tortilla wraps? See you Wednesday luv!

      Delete
    2. Jim, Lidl have them on special Thursday, 75 cents for 8 me thinks, I think now they are just over a euro

      Delete
  3. Hi Serena. Try draining some chickpeas on kitchen towel, place on a baking tray and sprinkle with cayenne pepper or paprika depending what you like, salt and pepper and shove them in a moderate oven until the firm up a little. Its the closest healthy thing to roasted nuts! Enjoy!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/185455448234743/
    is the link to my Facebook Page. Thanks for asking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to ask you Serena, I see on your blog
    http://fledglingromancewriter.blogspot.com.es/
    that you have a 'reactions' tool at the bottom. How do you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh that sounds lovely, I'll give that a go!! THanks for the link, looked for it but couldn't find the link x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right, go on layout on your dashboard and then in the blog post window, it says edit. Click on that link and a window pops up. Then just tick the reactions box and ta da!

    ReplyDelete