Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 16- and a day off work..... My first meal 'out'

Started the day with a small bowl of muesli, mixed with bran flakes and skimmed milk, approx 350 calories. Then went 10 pin bowling!

After an hour or so of bowling we drove in to Moraira, up to the port and had lunch. My first meal out since the journey began! What would I order..........., something healthy, something fattening, something naughty........? I ended up having a tuna salad! I do not know if the tuna had been sat in a tin of sunflower or vegetable oil, but either way it tasted too nice for it to have been in brine! So for the purposes of calorie counting I will have to assume it was the bad stuff! It was a very basic salad which included 1/2 an egg, a tiny bit of grated carrot, 4 olives, 3 slices of cucumber and a small anchovy! I have estimated the calories at around 300, but have to confess to having some sliced baguette with it, approx 350 cals. So all in all, about 650 calories altogether.

Stopped at the supermarket on the way home to stock up on essentials and decided that for dinner I wanted exactly what I had for lunch. How sad am I?!!

So here is my dinner.....

50g of tinned tuna (150 cals)
100g asparagus      (30 cals)
6 cherry tomatoes  (30 cals)
1 1/2 boiled eggs   (120 cals)
1 carrot, grated      (35 cals)
a few salad leaves  (who cares!)
a drizzle of balsamic viegar (10 calories)
and 5 crispbready things (200 calories)
Total calories 575. Added to earlier, a grand total of 1600

Probably the biggest intake of calories so far, but well within my ceiling of 1900

Gonna try fiddling about with muesli in the morning so will let you all know how it goes then.


See ya!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious to me, my kinda food. We had asparagus with a roast beef dinner tonight, followed by..... whoops, can't say!! naughty but nice. Love the way you always say, 'crispbread things or thingys' Go fiddle with your muesli x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fiddling!! Thanks Sanj. Hope you enjoyed your secret dessert! and thanks for following the blog x

    ReplyDelete