Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 19- First red meat in 19 days!

Well, I finanly remembered to take my muesli, (spelt correctly tonight), and milk to work this morning! I'm still a little wary of soaking it with a little fresh orange and topping it with yoghurt and honey, so just boring old milk today. Still, it makes a change from egg on toast.... I have made my own muesli so I know whats in it and also so I dont have to eat the stuff that I dont like much in some of the brands. Mine is pretty simple with just oats, all bran and dried fruit. Tastes pretty good even with fat free milk on it! A whopping 300 calories!


For all you diet sticklers out there, you will all be please to know that I actually had lunch today! Nothing major, but none the less, lunch. It comprised of three of those crisp bread thingys, 1 topped with tuna, 1 with Serrano Ham and 1 with low fat cheese a few salad leaves and some cherry toms! Total calories 250.


On to din dins. Decided as there was a nice piece of rib eye left out, that I would try and concoct something interesting, yet low cal. Here it is!


It may not look like much, but I have to say that medium rare rib eye steak on top of griddled ciabatta with a little horseradish and a rocket salad tasted absolutely spiffing! And wait for it.... ONLY 360 calories!!! It also may not look a lot, but its done me fine! I know a lot of you out there will be saying 'yeah right, thats not enough food, I couldnt survive on that'.... Well I am being 100 percent truthful when I say it is. This is coming from a man who could eat 500g of pasta with bacon and cream accompanied by a whole baguette and still be 'hungry'. It is simply a change of eating habits and conditioning the body to do so. Without sounding pretentious or pompous, it really is a case of re-educating the mind into eating smaller portions. I genuinely believe that a very high percentage of people who are massively overweight are the size they are because the brain has been educated wrongly over time. I am not saying that we all need to go to 'diet school' and learn all the calorific values and fat content of everything we eat, (although it would help those of us that are ignorant about it all), but we need to educate the mind that smaller portions ARE sufficient and we dont need plates piled up to the ceiling. An example I would use is a visit to an 'eat all you want Chinese buffet' type place. Maybe I speak for myself here, but I think I'm right in thinking that we all think 'weyhey, I can eat as much as I want, so I will! Do we really want 4 plates of food all piled high with as much food as we can balance? We think we do, but we dont. I would have large wager with you all that most big eaters would feel totally stuffed, bloated and wishing they hadnt eaten as much as they had. Surely one would feel better just eating the amount required, but I really believe that we think we're missing out on something if we haven't 'got our monies worth'.  I used the word 'one'! Dead posh! On that note, it's time for 'Celebrity Juice', so I'm off to piss myself for 30 mins.

Take care peeps, sorry to have verbally vomitted out some feelings about eating tonight, but I feel SOOOOO strongly about it. Sleep tight and speak to you all tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment