Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 9. Back to normal, but a kebab for dinner.... Read on..

Here we are on Monday, day nine of the journey. Another pretty easy day for me really. I decided this morning that I would have a decent breakfast. I started with a small bowl of bran flakes with fat free milk (approx 250 calories) followed by 2 slices of wholemeal toast topped with a dry fried egg on each, (no oil, approx 300 calories).This was washed down with a coffee and an orange juice. So all in all a pretty hearty breakfast for me, but one that only totalled approx 650 calories. Lunch was an apple as I wasnt that hungry and I had an idea for a 'cheeky kebab' fro my dinner!

A friend of mine and member of my food page, Jaimie, came up with an idea for healthy kebabs so I thought to myself as soon as I saw it that I would put it to good use as soon as we had some lean pork left over from Sundays roast. I was delighted on Sunday when everyone chose lamb and beef!

I shredded the pork and fried it in one tblsp of olive oil with some cumin and cayenne, a little seasoning and weyhey! I used tortilla wraps, quite small ones at 140 calories each and filled them with some fat free yoghurt and lettuce and then the shredded pork. I had forgotten to bring home some chilli sauce and had nothing at home to make some, so went without! I managed to devour 3 wraps at a cost to me of approximately 780 calories. A bit high for what I have been eating, but none the less, still well within my daily target of 1900.

Oooooooooooh, nearly forgot to mention there was a little excercise today! I managed to brave the 19 degree temperature of the pool and have a swim and a fart around for about 30 mins, so a few calories burnt off there. I aim to up the swimming to a proper 30 min session as daily as possible. We will see how I get on over the next few days, weeks, months.......

Nite all, its time to watch Chelsea draw 1 all with Fulham. Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment