Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 28- and the 4th weigh in.....

Well today was the 4th weigh in and I am pleased that I dived into the pool at midnight last night and swam for 20 mins! I have lost a rather spiffing 5 lbs this week to take my total weight loss in 4 weeks to 1 stone 4lbs (about 9 kilos). I'm pretty chuffed with that, but I am also aware that this is just the start of my journey and I would be silly to think that this quick weight loss will continue at such a rapid rate.

Breakfast was 'tostado con tomate', (for those of you not familiar with Spanish life, its just grated tomato on toasted stale bread with a little salt and olive oil), and a coffee. Approx 300 calories

I managed to have lunch for the 2nd day running today, although it was just some toasted brown baguette with low fat cheese and no fat coleslaw. Again, approx 300 calories

To really uninspire you, I have to confess that I had exactly the same for my dinner tonight. I know that bread with all 3 of my meals today is not good, but didnt get in from work until late again and really couldn't be arsed to cook. So, all in all a total of 900 calories today....thats 1000 calories under my target. I still need to drink more water and up the exercise, but I'm ready for that.

I wont bore you with pictures of todays food as it was all rather 'something on toast', but I am going to make a concious effort over the next few days to step up the interest.

Sunday lunch in the restaurant tomorrow, (actually is 00.29 as I type this, so its today) and I have decided to 'pimp up' one of the starters. I tried it about 2 years ago and it wasnt ordered by many, but I think I'm gradually turning these traditional Brits round a little in to my way of cooking, so I'm giving it another try. I'm doing Asparagus, Serrano Ham, Parmesan & Rocket salad with a lemon mayonnaise and here's the prototype of the one I made earlier.....


Its not the best picture I've ever taken , but you get the gist. I will try and take a better photo tomorrow if anyone orders one! I'm also very interested to see how the Pork Loin stuffed with apricot, sage and rosemary and wrapped in streaky bacon sells this week, as the last time I made it on a Sunday, we sold out..........

Its late, Jazz Ellington is about to sing on 'The Voice', so I'm off to listen to his amazing talent.

Good night all and we will speak tomorrow



2 comments:

  1. Jim, well done, I'm so proud of you!! You are doing just that- making everyone see how great a chef you are! x

    ReplyDelete