Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 21 & 22- The weigh in and bits and bobs....

So yesterday was 'weigh day'. A bit of an anti climax for me as I neither gained nor lost any weight. I have had lots of encouragement though from many people and I thank you all for that. I also thank the doubters who have relished the fact that I havent lost any weight this week, as they are spurring me on even more! I am sticking to my philosophies and principals this week and am very confident that weight loss will continue. It would take several weeks of stalemate for me to rethink my strategy. Consume less calories, lose weight, simples!

After the weigh in yesterday morning I had a small bowl of muesli, (yes, still the old fashioned way with milk), and a slice of toast with a knifepoint of butter butter spread accross it. I actually think that there was so little butter on it that I was taking more off than putting on! Approx 400 calories....

Lunch was the now familiar, lazy choice of 3 crispbreads with tuna and a few salad leaves. 200 calories

Dinner was a rather late affair (about 11.30) and as I couldnt be bothered to create much at that late hour, I brought home some left over spaghetti from work and had it with the previous nights sausage casserole concoction. 500 calories. total days calories approximately 1100.......

On to today and as always on a Sunday morning I dont really have time for much as I am prepping lunch for the masses, so I settled for 1 slice of wholemeal toast with a dry fried egg. For lunch I desperately wanted some of the asparagus soup I had made for 1 of the Sunday lunch starters, but poured loadsa cream in it before realising that I should have taken some out for myself! Here's what I missed out on.......

I did have a couple of spoonfulls though and it was yumptious. I think I have just invented a word! No, short lived excitement as I have just checked 'urban dictionary' and found it! No need to define its meaning for you! So, lunch didn't happen. Sorry diet experts, go lecture someone else about the virtues of eating '3 square meals a day'.....

Dinner was pathetic if I'm being honest! I didnt have much in so I decided that what I did have was all going to get chucked into a bowl! Not very 'cheffy' I know. In fact I always cringe when I hear a Masterchef (or similar) contestant say something along the same lines! Basically it was about 50g of pasta, 1 egg, some salad leaves, tuna, sunflower seeds and cherry tomatoes with a little sherry vinegar drizzled on top. Zzzzzzzzzz. Not very inspiring I know. Here it is anyway......

Oooooh, naughty me, nearly forgot to tell you all about the grated carrot!

So thats it then. Not much has happened over the last couple of days and the blog must be a little boring for you all at the mo, but I will endeavour to spice it up a little over the next few days.

Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. Jim, we humans have been eating salads since greens sprouted from the soil and we realized they weren't poisonous! And for a reason, because we like it! I hope you enjoyed every bite!! And well done for resisting temptation. It must have been hard but I know the thought of the weight dropping off you must spur you on all the more. We all have weeks where we don't lose much, good on you for not taking it to heart x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep up the good work. You have lost loads since you started so this week was fine.
    Your metabolism starts to slow down the more weight you lose. After you have lost your first tier of weight, you need less total calories to fuel your body and keep going. Exercise plays a big part too, how's the pool heating up? xx

    ReplyDelete