Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Its Day 3! This diet so far has been an absolute culinary joy!

So my third day of 'dieting' is over and here I sit, not hungry, not pining for anything and feeling very chuffed with my efforts so far.

I made some pancakes this morning from a recipe given to me by a very nice lady called Julie, but decided to refrigerate them for a rainy day. Instead, I fancied a fried egg (dry fried with NO oil) and bacon (all fat trimmed) on a dry slice of toast. It did the job and kept me going until I got home, whereapon I feasted on a slice of wholemeal toast with some cured Spanish cheese. Again, it did the job and kept me hunger free! Dinner was a slightly more elaborate affair. I decided to use up the carrot, cabbage and asparagus I had left over from earlier in the week and make a Thai broth.

Made a broth with some chicken stock, chillies, ginger, coriander and reduced fat coconut milk and added cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots and asparagus. I'm not sure that you'll find asparagus in many a Thai cook book, but hey, I like it and I'm the one whose eating it!
 
 I managed to make some little spring rolls with some left over veg too. Didn't fry them, just ate them as they were with a little soy sauce dip. Pretty tasty. Oh well, eastenders is on now so I'm off to watch it. Speak to you all again tomorrow

Nite nite Foodies!

4 comments:

  1. sounds fab, fancy a taste of that broth Jim, sounds delish, night night Jimbo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jim, will we be seeing your recipe in The Post soon? loved your last one, strawberry fool, it was delish, what is it this month, give us a clue?x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Sonia, I keep forgetting to send one, I'm useless!

    ReplyDelete