Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 29- The day I was described as a 'God amongst women'!

Sunday Lunch day......

A very successful Sunday Lunch today! We were fully booked and had to turn people away. We even had people sitting in our downstairs cafe! My starter of asparagus, Parmesan, Rocket & Serrano Ham with lemon mayonnaise went down very well and it always pleases me when customers try something ' a little different' than the norm as I sometimes get the feeling they would just rather have plain, plain, plain. I was also chuffed that the Pork Loin filled with apricots, sage, rosemary and wrapped in bacon, (expertly prepped by my Saturay night sous chef Gemma), was a big hit too. I think it just outsold the beef this week. Really nice to see customers trying something they're not necessarily familiar with.

I was also chuffed as a couple of friends and Facebook Page members, (https://www.facebook.com/groups/185455448234743/ ), Gemma & Jane, had asked me for a low fat recipe for a non fruit based dessert and I managed to create some low fat/calorie chocolate muffins. If you are interested in the recipe etc, please feel free to join or just have a look at my food page. One of my other members actually described me as a 'God amongst women'! You can see from the title of todays blog that I was rather pleased with that!

On to 'the journey'. Day 29....
Its always a weird eating day for me on a Sunday. Breakfast never really happens as I am stupidly busy cooking the Sunday roast and today was no exception. For those 'diet purists' out there, look away now. I also didnt have lunch today as service went on until about 4.30 pm. I did however snack on 1 roast potato, a bite of Yorkshire pudding and a slice of beef on a little piece of bread! My evening meal was a lazy option again, consisting of 3 slices of toasted ciabatta bread. 2 topped with tuna and tomato with a little balsamic syrup and 1 with low fat cheese and no fat coleslaw. 550 calories.


 I have nibbled on a few pistachio nuts tonight and also sipped on a glass of red wine, but to be honest after todays paltry calorie intake, I'm not even counting!

I'm off to bed now as I have a day off tomorrow and Harrison has no school, so with a bit of luck I may get more than 6 hour for once.

Sweet dreams all and speak to you again tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Slimbo, hope that you managed more than your six hours sleep and well done- your innovative food is finally hitting home! ABOUT TIME! WELL DONE! x

    ReplyDelete