Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 12

Had a busy early morning at work, so breakfast was a little late at about 12.30! Just a small bowl of bran flakes and skimmed milk, (approx 350 calories including my coffee). It may sound a little boring, but strangely, I quite like the taste! I never really used to eat cereal, so perhaps that is why they taste so good. Maybe, it could be that they just taste good anyway. Makes a change from something and toast as well.

Got home in the afternoon and felt a little peckish at around 4pm so I had a cold boiled egg and 2 crisp bread thingys. About 180 calories. I have to confess to having a bite of one of Harrisons fish fingers too! A couple of almonds later and I was ready to go back to work.

So back to work and I decided to change the accompaniment to the tuna dish on the set menu from a green bean and tomato salad to an asparagus and Parmesan salad. Boy I live on the edge! Some people think about Kelly Brook or George Clooney, Man Utd or Barcelona, Adele or Ed Sheeran......, me, I think about changing green beans to asparagus! I have to say it was ordered by one discerning client and looked pretty sexy, so I thought I'd share the picture with you. I do realise that it may just be me who thinks this is pretty sexy, but I'll share it with you all anyway!


I'm finding now that I dont automatically grab for surplus food, eg. extra chips or onion rings etc. I occassionally still go to grab a chip, but then think to myself  'did I actually want that chip or am I reaching for it just because its there'. It must be working, I'm changing my eating habits. I feel that was a very poignant sentence for me. I really am changing my eating habits.........

On to tonights dinner......


Prawn, avocado, celery, tomato, baby lettuce and asparagus salad. 150 cals for the prawns, 220 for the avocado and 50 for the asparagus. forget the celery and leaves. I did eat 3 small tortilla wraps with the salad at 140 cals each. So total calories about 850. Added to the rest from today and the end total is about 1400. As always, I look forward to tomorrow!

Nite peeps, until tomorrow. OOOh, nearly forgot, I may have a couple of tips for you tomorrow, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Chooooooned I am....... Well all your food looks so tempting, I could just eat your 'tonights dinner' and I am just going to bed, wrong time to eat I know, looks yummy.
    Lovely asparagus in season now here too,delicious.
    Cereal can be tasty, especially if you add your own seeds and nuts and yoghurt too. I can eat that at any time of day!!
    Nite x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sanj. I'm slowly getting ginto the whole cereal, muesli, nut thang! I watched Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall the other day and he's given me a load of ideas for breakie. I will be using them over the next few weeks. Nite x

      Delete