Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 7 & 8 and the first weigh in!

So for those of you who dont know (how could you not be keeping up with my Facebook page 'Jimbos Food page 'https://www.facebook.com/groups/185455448234743/202604673186487/), yesterday was my first weekly weigh in. At the start of the journey I weighed a very embarassing and unflattering 20 stone 6 lbs, or 286 lbs if you're from accross the pond, or 131 kilos if you're younger than me! I was weighed yesterday by Heather at the 'Beauty Box' just around the corner from the restaurant and I weighed in at 19 stone 13, or 279 lbs or 127 kilos. So a weight loss in week one of 7 lbs. I'm pleased with the result, although I know that initial weight loss is usually preety quick. The real test will come when I 'plateau'.

Yesterday was a difficult day for eating. I had my morning meal just after the weigh in (egg on toast)and about an hour after eating that I started to feel 'ill'. It was a sort of flu sensation....., aching muscles, lethargy etc and I just didnt want to eat. By midnight I was starving so I had some wholemeal toast with a little avocado spread on it. So probably too much bread and not enough variety and eating far too late at night, but days like these will happen over the course of a year. That is why it is important that this is not a quick fix, but a journey over a long period of time. I did not put on my excess weight over night and I will not lose it over night. There will be highs and lows and times where I will wonder if its all worth it. Then I remember my family... Of course its all worth it. Do my children want to grow up visiting my grave or do they want to grow up sharing their life with their Dad. Does my wife want to be widowed (probably sometimes!), but as I have no life insurance, I doubt it!

I am doing this first and foremost for me, but there are others I must consider. They will be my driving force when times get difficult.

So, on to today. Sunday lunch at the restaurant meant that breakfast was always going to be a boring quick fix as I am too busy to create anything 'interesting'. Yes, I know I could have got out of bed earlier, but to be honest, I couldnt be arsed! Wholemeal seeded toast did the trick. I was a little devil and had a smidgeon of butter as well. I recently read an article on margerine (thank you for the information Kerrigan), that really put me off the stuff for good! A smidgeon of butter once in a while is ok! At least its a natural product... No lunch today, but dinner was a rather splendid roast. I didnt go mad, just 1 cauliflower cheese floret, 3 small pieces of roast potato, lots of carrots and peas, 1 yorkshire pudding (gasp, shock, horror I hear you say) a little mash potato, 3 thin slices of lean rare roast beef and some gravy. Yum yum. It filled me up and now at midnight, I am still not hungry.

 I am going to try and get a little sleep tonight as last night was pretty restless so I will talk to you all tomorrow when my creative head is back in focus and I can hopefully capture your imagination with some recipies other than wholemeal toast, wholemeal toast with tomatoes, wholemeal toast with eggs, wholemeal toast with avocado etc!

Nite all, speak soon
I have three nights off now, so although I will be working during the day, I will be able to spend a little time on creating a few more interesting things to eat

4 comments:

  1. hey Jim, you'll get 50 million emails now offering you life insurance!

    well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done you. You write an interesting blog, I always look forward to reading it. Anyway you may have ached and felt like sh... because of all the changes you are making on your healthy eating plan. Once your body gets used to these changes, it'll be plain sailing, keep it up xx

    ReplyDelete