Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 11. The quack is happy with her patient...

So day 11 has come and gone and I have been to the doctor who has told me that I am a good boy! Very pleased with my weight loss and my blood pressure has come down! I have another appointment in 2 weeks time to check that I am still being a good boy!

On to the important stuff........Food! This morning I had 80g (3 small slices) of wholemeal toast with my coleslaw concoction on top. A massive 300 calories! No coffee or OJ this morning as I wasnt at work, so no more calories until my trip to the beach later! How could you not have a small beer when sat here?


Less than 100 calories for a beer and this view........ worth it methinks

I had a couple of crispbread thingys topped with stupidly thin slices of manchego (no more than 150 cals) this afternoon and then made din dins

I made a minestrone soup with some of the ingredients from last nights grub. In the past I have found that diets can be quite expensive. Whether it is because my food knowledge wasn't as vast as it is now, I'm not sure, but this change of eating habits is ridiculously cheap and I find myself with much less wastage than before. I'm even saving on bin bags!

So here it is. Tonights minestrone soup, which once again has filled the spot.


 1 large carrot, 2 celery stalks, 1 large onion (for future reference this is called a sofrito), 1 slice of Serrano ham chopped up, some fava beans (and yes, I had a little glass of chianti with it!), 400g tin of tomatoes, 1 litre of chicken stock and 50g of 'Ditali Listi' pasta (its just little pasta that looks a bit like threading beads). It made loads! I left all my fresh herbs at work, so lacking on that front, but I would have chucked in some fresh oregano and parsley if I'd had it. Total calories approx 600 including the wine!

So all in all todays intake was approximately 1000 calories. Diet?, what diet? Bring on tomorrow...

Nite peeps x

2 comments: