Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 31- The first Day of May

What an absolutely beautiful day! The sun shone for the whole day and I didnt have to go to work!

I made myself some boiled eggs for breakfast....


and then spent a couple of hours at the beach!

Decided whilst at the beach that I would do a BBQ for dinner. I got some chicken and veggies on the way home, (oh and burgers for the people in my household NOT DIETING) and lit the barbie as soon as we got back as we hadnt had lunch.

Whilst waiting for the flames to settle, I marinaded the chicken in some lemon juice and oregano and prepped the veg....

When the flames had settled and the embers were grey, (sounds like the start of a childrens night time story!), I whacked the chicken and veg on the grill. While they were cooking I rustled up a Greek salad consisting of tomato, cucumber, mint, oregano, lemon juice, Feta cheese, onion and spinach. I wouldnt usually use spinach, but I had it, so used it. Although not a classic ingredient it worked ok. I am a big believer in the fact the recipes are a guideline and NOT SET IN STONE. Put in what YOU want and what YOU like to eat, not things that perhaps you're not oo keen on just because the recipe calls for it. Here are the finished dishes.....
Sorry about the pictures being all over the place, but I'm struggling to upload them the proper way because my internet signal is not great............. So that was din dins!

Ooooooh, I just wanted to upload 1 more piccy for you all, it was the starter I made on Sunday for lunch at the restaurant and forgot to puit it on then.... Here it is......
Sometimes as 'chefs' we look for ideas from other chefs / sources, but this is entirely my own creation and I'm very proud of it!

I'm off to bed soon as I aim to get up early and go for a swim! Who knows, I might actually do it!

Nite peeps, old and new, sleep well and sweet dreams....

2 comments:

  1. Slimbo, how did the lemon juice and oregano affect the taste of the chicken? I wouldn't have thought oregano would be powerful enough... but seeing as it's my fave herb, I'd love to give it a go! :P

    Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just gives it a little back note Gem. Its not meant to overpower the chicken, but you can definately taste its there. I've got some fresh oregano at work you can have tomorrow x

      Delete