Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 6! The first week is nearly over!

It was a bit of a strange eating day today. I didnt actually eat my first meal until about 3.30pm! I know the 'experts' out there will tell me what a bad boy I am for not having 'breakfast, the most important meal of the day', but if I can go without eating breakfast, then why should I have something? Surely this whole excercise is about cutting down on my food intake.......... I know about kick starting metabolism etc, but the bottom line for me is.......  If I burn off more calories than I eat, I will lose weight.

So, back to the important stuff. Todays lunch was a boring affair to those of you following this blog, but as I had only a short time between arriving home from work and going back to work, I opted fopr my 'go to' meal of toasted wholemeal bread topped with tomato and thinly sliced cured cheese. I enjoy it, its quick, its cheap and it does the job! Work has been pretty full on over this last week, so I havent really had the time I would have liked to dedicate making this journey a more 'interesting' one, but I will be endeavouring to create a few more diverse and interesting things to eat.

That brings us to dinner. Again the experts will tell me that 11.30 pm is too late to be eating my evening meal, but they dont run a restaurant. When I can eat at a reasonable hour, I will. When I can't, I will eat when I can. So for the 3rd time this week I had something with an Asian influence..... Don't worry, I am not going to spend the next 51 weeks eating only this type of food, but it has been convenient and calorifically low for me to do so. Tonight's culinary masterpiece was my take on an Aloo Gobi. I used the remainder of the cauliflower from earlier in the week, with some potato, onion tomatoes, spinach, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, ginger and a little water. I served it with some simply boiled basmati rice. It may not have looked that amazing, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

 Its just gone 1am, so I'm off now as I will be up early (again) for work. It is my weigh day tomorrow, so be sure to tune in tomorrow for the first weight loss news. See how positive I am, I know I have lost weight! If I haven't, I'm off to the kebab shop after work tomorrow night! (Only jesting).

Sleep well peeps, speak to you all tomorrow.........


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to weighing you this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had the "official" weigh in and the boy has lost 1/2 stone! well done Jim...although I think it is probably more than that because he ate so late last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just testing to see if I can do this right!!

    ReplyDelete