Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 91 & 92 Weigh in results and Sunday lunch.....

So, I stepped off the scales yesterday morning a little bemused, as I had neither lost nor gained any weight. I felt sure I had lost a bit this week as I really do feel much lighter than last week, but the scales didn't agree! Not disheartened though as I 'know' I am thinner....... Looking for a big loss next week. I've just had a bowl of ice cream though, so not a good start!

Last night's 'All you can eat' was pretty successful again, with one customer saying that they were the best ribs he'd EVER eaten, and he'd spent a long time in Louisiana and eaten all over the world. Chuffed with that. Even though we have had to go down the 'All you can eat route' to pay the bills, we still try and do it to the best of our ability and still take pride in every plate of food that leaves the kitchen. Just because its a gimmicky night, it doesn't mean we compromise our standards.

On to today's Sunday lunch......... Pretty much like every other Sunday really. Worked my nuts off again in stupid temperatures to please those diners crazy enough to want to eat a 3 course roast in temperatures over 30C. I was very happy with the food and got a comment back that the mushroom soup was the best they'd tasted. What a nice thing to say......, then I thought to myself, how many bowls of home made mushroom soup could this man have had....?

Had 35 in total, but as 20 of them virtually arrived at the same time, it got a little hectic for about half an hour. I suppose the law of sod dictates that the 1.30pm's will be 15 minutes late, the 1.45's will be on time, and the 2pm's will be 15 minutes early. Do these people not realise why we take bookings for certain times........................!

A big thank you again to my 11 year old protege Jaimie who organised and served EVERY single bowl of roast potatoes and jug of gravy that left the kitchen today. You made my job a little easier today.

Had a couple of hours in the pool when I got home, just farting about with Harrison and his 'girlfriend' |Susana and then spent the rest of the evening relaxing and watched the footy. Well done Spain. If you ever want to know what real football is all about, just watch the way they play. As I type this its nearing 2.30am......, where does the time go? I will just finish watching the last 20 mins of one of my favourite films, 'Hitch' and then I'm off to sleep. Looking forward to my first day off in 3 weeks tomorrow..........................

Take care all, sleep well and I'll speak to you all again tomorrow
Jimbo

1 comment:

  1. Day 92, hasn't the time flown by. You make the day sound so easy peasy but I know it's hard work especially for you in those high temperatures. Can you send us a bit of sunshine please?? It's like flippin' April here!! xx

    ReplyDelete