Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 119 - My first gain......

So, off I trotted to the 'Beauty Box' this morning for my weigh in. Bad news I'm afraid....... I gained 1 lb. After 16 weeks, it is my first gain. To be honest, I knew it was coming, and really I think its done me a favour as I was becomming a little complacent with it all and forgetting the basics, i.e counting calories and watching what I eat. It is probably at this point on previous attempts to lose weight that I start gaining and forget why I am doing it. Not this time. I really believe its the kick up the bum hat I needed. Watch out for next weeks weigh in!

Had 1/2 a day off today, (well if you can call being in the process of moving house having 1/2 a day off), and spent the majority of it humping (not that sort!), cleaning, sweeping, mopping and sweating!
Arrived at work at about 5pm and started prepping for tonight. We had 21 booked, so there was lots to do, as well as starting some of the prep for Sunday lunch.

We ended up with 28. It would have been 32, but a table of 4 that had booked for 9.30 got to the top of the stairs, turned around and left! Apparently it was too hot! July, Spain, hot....really?!! We wouldnt have minded, but if they had just walked over to their reserved table by the window, they would have felt the nice breeze coming off the sea and the nice breeze coming from the fan that was pointing directly at it!.................. They were Spanish..... wouldn't they be more used to it than the tourists who braved it? Oh well, their loss

So a decent nights takings, (today was just average in the cafe), so the landlord should be pleased as he might get some rent this month!

Only 6 booked for Sunday lunch tomorrow, which is probably the fewest bookings that we've ever had. Hopefully we will get a few bookings in the morning and some turn up on the day. We shall see. I havent done anything exciting this week on the starter front as 4 of the 6 are regulars and never have a starter! Its just a mushroom soup and a Caesar salad I'm afraid................ I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow..........

I'm off to bed. Nite peeps, speak to you soon
Jimbo (I have changed it from Slimbo, as I have gained weight this week)..........

3 comments:

  1. Listen you, don't beat yourself up over gaining a l lb! you are probably not eating enough, so starting eating sensibly of course as you know, and look forward to next week.
    Good luck with the humping, he he !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be coping quite well most of the time. Just have moments when I still can't quite believe what has happened. Just trying to keep busy all the time it does help. I am going back to work this week. Thanks for asking xx

    ReplyDelete