Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 116 - Maybe I'm just a miserable old git!

Another day of wondering where all the British tourists were, until it was pointed out to me that they were all on the beach in Brighton! Thanks Gemma!

A day that followed the pattern of Monday and Tuesday. I'm hoping its the lull before the storm..... It's very strange though, as even though there is a recession on, the pound is better against the euro than it has been in ages, so I tought that maybe some would have taken advantage of that.... What do I know? !

It's so frustrating when you are trying different things to get people to eat your food and they are just not around. Its demoralising when you get excited about an idea, go and buy the ingredients, stick it on a specials board, and no one even orders it! The worst part is, I know its really good and tasty food.

Tomorrow is another day though and its 'all you can eat night', so after doing a couple of hours in the cafe tomorrow morning, I will be upstairs prepping for the evening sevice. I am going to make a tortellini broth as the soup course, but I bet they wont even know what a broth is, never mind tortellini! Saying that, I did make an assumption on Saturday night about no one being prepared to try anything a little different and I was pleasantly surprised and shocked, so maybe I'm just being a miserable old git. Maybe this industry turns us into miserable old gits.......!

Managed to do some removals this afternoon, so I would guess that about half the stuff is in the new house, and the rest can go little by little. We have a day off on Monday, so we will be able to get the bulk of it done then. We'll have to, as its the day before we get kicked out of here! Our current landlord is panicking sonmewhat, as he doesnt think we're going to be out in time! The Germans are coming with their juggernaut of furniture on the Tuesday! Might have to 'accidentally' forget to leave the electronic gate key behind ;0)  !

I will leave you all now, as I dont want to bring you down to my miserable level, and hope you all have a good nights sleep.

Take care readers and I will speak to you all anon...

Slimbo


No comments:

Post a Comment