Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 103 - and a nice surprise in the post!

Thursday, 12th July 2012 and this came through the post this morning.....


I usually shrink my photos a little to fit better on the blog, but I thought I'd leave this in its original format ! ;0)

Ok, enough patting myself on the back. Its just a certificate at the end of the day! Still quite proud of it though........ In fact, its not just a certificate, its recognition of all the hard work we and everyone else who works for us does. Thanks to all those over the last 3 years that have helped us get where we are today.............., skint, knackered, fed up and stupidly hot! Genuinely chuffed with it ;0)

It was a day of prep for me today. Made some coleslaw, mushroom soup, potato salad, pasta salad with chargrilled veg and spent far too long butchering a 7 kilo lump of rump steak! I really need to improve my butchery skills....... Here are some piccies......

 





Had a busy (I just typed busty by mistake and started giggling to myself) service tonight. We had 12 booked and ended up with 28. It seemed like 58! Really difficult service. Not sure why, it just never seemd to end........ I was interested to see how many people would try my slow roasted Asian spiced belly pork tonight, (it was one of the main course options on the set menu of the day). A little disappointed that only 1 tried it! It couldn't be classed as that 'different', but it still seems that the residents (and tourists of Calpe) prefer the safer option. The one person who had it was very complimentary. I must confess to having a little pick or two at it and even if I sound like I'm massaging my ego a little, it was bloody nice! Took a picture for you...


After the clean up operation, we eventually made it home at just after midnight. Straight in the pool for a quick wallow, and here I am...

Well, here I go actually, as its now 2am and I'm going to bed!

Nite nite and speak to you all again tomorrow
Slimbo


2 comments:

  1. Gordon Ramsay watch out there's a Jimbo about xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sanj! Its not quite a Michelin star, but its 5 TripAdvisor circles!

    ReplyDelete