Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 102 - My Crocs arrived!

Well, another pretty uneventful day at work today, but the 26 pairs of Crocs, 50 bikinis, a portable telly, 2 DVD players and a box of junk I bought from a local selling page for 75€ arrived today! A huge thank you to Julie for collecting them for me. The bikinis are awful, (nice colours, but crap quality) and most of the stuff in the boxes is heading straight for the charity shop, but the Crocs are genuine, the TV works, as do the DVD players. We have begun listing the crocs on another selling site and we already have 3 orders! He who dares wins Rodders! Not sure how we're gonna shift the 23 other pairs, but we'll find a way!

As I stated above, a pretty quiet day at work, (apart from the usual mad hour at lunchtime, when everyone seems to pile in and order at the same time). A big thank you to Gemma, who happened to be there as the bedlam ensued, for helping out.

I have a day of prep ahead in the restaurant tomorrow as I have to prepare for both Thursday night the 'Race Night' we have booked on Saturday. Will take pictures of all the cold dishes as they are done and post them on here tomorrow. Got some nice fresh herbs in today, so will make sure I incorporate them all. Couldnt live without my herbs!

Tonights dinner was a simple, yet incredibly tasy affair. I simply boiled some tagliatelle until al dente and then mixed through some breadcrumbs, made with sundried tomato, stale wholemeal bread, basil, oregano and a little olive oil and fried until crispy. It cost nothing to make and was really nice. Here it is......


Well, its stupid o'clock again, so time for my bed!

I bid you all goodnight and will speak to you all again tomorrow

Ciao for now!
Slimbo

1 comment: