Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 106 - Sunday lunch.....

Well, we managed 5 hours kip before waking up and heading off to work. (We did wash, clean teeth etc first).

We had a booking for 20 downstairs this morning for breakfast, so Laura very kindly made my Yorkshire pudding batter, before heading downstairs until about 12. Managed to get everything done just as the clock struck 1pm....phew!

Although I am always pleased with the quality of the meat, (supplied to us by 'Europ Foods), today the Topside of Beef was exceptionally good and I must admit to having 1 or 2 little nibbles while slicing it!

I had made a lovely mushroom soup today and served it with a little cream and truffle oil and got some really nice comments. Here it is..........


I was also really heartened by the fact that so many tried the peach, Serrano ham and mozzarella salad. It surprised me a little as I thought most would think 'peaches with ham and cheese, not for me', but again got some great feedback. Its nice that a salad I 'invented' for my 'diet' was received so well. Sometimes it's actually worth going in to work... Here's the salad....


Got home around 5pm and flew straight to the pool. God , it was hot again today. Its hot every day at the moment, but today seemed especially hot. Managed a few lengths before Harrison and girlfriend Susana (they're both 5) turned up, so I became pool lifeguard, clown, child thrower and comfort blanket for a while. Very proud of Susana today,(who had a fear of water), for swimming without me holding on to her for the first time. It was really nice to hear her say 'I'm not scared any more'. Here she is in action...


Made Harrison some pasta with cheese and brocolli for his dinner, put him to bed and fell asleep with him for at least an hour! Very tired as not had much sleep over the last few days. Still, a day off tomorrow, so maybe a chance to relax a bit........?

Sleep well peeps, I know I will and I'll talk to you all again tomorrow. Thanks for reading

Nite nite
Slimbo....

No comments:

Post a Comment