Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 93 - A day off.....yipeeeeeee!

First day off in about 4 weeks! Had a really nice day today. Woke up after 9 am for the first time this year! I'd gone to bed at 2.30 am, so not exactly a lie in, but nice not to have to get up at a certain time.

A couple of Lauras friends are in Spain on holiday at the moment, so we invited them over for a relax at ours. Thought I'd better do a bit of lunch for them, so decided just to do a simple BBQ. Being me, I thought I'd  to do something cheap and easy! I sliced up some courgette, aubergine, asparagus and a red pepper and rubbed some olive oil and salt and pepper into them. I cooked them in batches until chargrilled, popped them in a foil tray and covered. Just before serving, I popped the tray on the coals for a couple of minutes just to reheat. I had previously marinated some chicken breasts in lemon juice and coriander and left for about 2 hours. The chicken went on the barbie along with some sausages we had left over from Harrison's party! (Frozen of course!) , and that was that! Had a very nice relaxing day around the pool and then at about 5pm we hit the beach. Just farted about for a couple of hours and then returned home. Probably ate far too much today, so going to have to try and make up for it for the rest of the week. That as my day really..... Nothing more to tell you about for now except to let you kinow something that was said on Sunday by a customer. I had forgotten to tell you yesterday. Are you ready for this?...................... One of the desserts on Sunday's menu was fresh fruit salad. When collecting a plate from one of the tables, our waitress Kathy noticed that a customer had not eaten their fruit salad and asked if there was anything wrong. The reply was..................... 'I oredered it because I thought it would be tinned fruit salad. I dont like fresh fruit salad'. THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH ON A DAILY BASIS!!!!!!!!!!

Good night peeps, take care and I'll be back tomorrow
Slimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment