Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 151 - Unbelievable news from the Town Hall....ARRRRRRGGH! But heartening news elsewhere.....

Soon after we arrived at work today, a lady from the town hall arrived with a letter. We managed to translate.... It stated that works would be starting on the pavement outside our cafe on Monday. Are they serious! Are they really going to dig up the pavement RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR DOOR for the next few weeks... Yes, they are. Not content with digging up the road outside our door for 6 weeks back in May and financially crippling us, they are now going to dig up the pavement.... We knew that they would continue with the road works 'after the holidays', but this is taking the piss. September is our busiest month. No one will be able to sit outside as there will be no pavement. Our doors completely fold back so we can have a fully open frontage, but we will have to keep them shut to keep out all the dust and dirt etc. Who in their right mind would want to sit in our cafe with the doors shut in temperatures averaging 35 degrees........ I've had enough of this effing incompetence from the idiots making the decisions in the town hall. They just dont give a shit..... Wankers... I try not to swear whilst writing this blog as I am unsure who is reading it, so I apologise for my outburst, but I am sooooooooo angry......

Work was pretty busy today, so I suppose we better make the most of it as I cant see there being many more busy ones over the coming weeks....

On a positive note, the news that I can't talk about just yet, has taken a little step further forward and I received some very heartening information today, so its looking more of a reality... Watch this space!

Its late again, (2.05 am) and I gotta get to bed, so I'm off as I have a big day of prep ahead. Will fill you all in with all the goings on tomorrow

Nite nite!
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment