Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 143 - Burst throught he 7000 blog view barrier!

Well, for some strange reason, you lot read this and I have now amassed over 7000 views in 5 months. Thanks for reading!


Not much happened today in the cafe. We're ticking over, but it should be busier......... A couple of spurts at breakfast and lunchtime, (funny that), but otherwise like a 'normal day' really. Its definitely not as busy as last summer.

Moving away from the doom and gloom, I purchased a rather sexy looking shoulder of lamb today and I will be doing something with it for din dins tomorrow. Methinks I may do something with a Moroccan vibe, but I may well change my mind by tomorrow! Either way, I will post pics and let you know what it was like.

Went out this evening with 'Janet the Ganet' to a Chinese buffet. They are not my favourite places as you never quite know how long the food has been sitting there and I think  alittle quality is lost for quantity, but what the hell. Its cheap and the company was good. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves as well.

For me, it was a bit of a test. It's very difficult for a recovering eater to be faced with such temptation, but I think I got my tactics spot on! In the past, I would have dived into the startery type things, i.e ribs, prawn toasts, battered prawns, chicken wings, crispy duck with pancakes, prawn crackers, satay chicken, dim sum, dumplings etc, but tonight I grabbed a plate of asparagus, courgettes, aubergine and red pepper and got the chap behind the 'wok station' to cook them for me. I asked him for a drizzle of olive oil and a little salt. Got to say, they were excellent! After finishing my 'starter', I would normally pile my plate high with rice, noodles and various dishes covered in sugary sauces full of MSG, and then go back for more! Tonight I picked out some prawns, some more asparagus, a little white fish, (no idea what it was, but it wasn't cod, haddock, bream or bass). It looked a little like panga, but I thought panga was a more pinky colour........ Who knows. Whatever it was, it, and the rest of my plate was quite yummy. I had asked my new friend at the 'wok station' to chuck a little chilli and garlic on, and I must say, he cooked it all perfectly!

Well, I'm off now as I forgot that I promised to submit a recipe to a local magazine by the morning and its gone midnight!

Take care all and I'll be back tomorrow
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment