Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 128 - The multi gym gets some action!

Another hot and sticky day! The thermometer outside the cafe showed 36 for most of the day, even though the forecast said 31. Its a little worrying then when the forecast for the weekend is 40. I guess the thermometer may be in the mid forties........... IN THE SHADE!!

Work has definitely picked up. Thee seem to be quite a few Brits around and we are starting to see some familiar faces from last year. It was a decent day today, without being too difficult. Every one seemed to come in about 5 mins after each other, which gives us a chance. Its when they all sit down at the same time and want fiddly things off the menu that we struggle. It was mostly easy stuff today, so we managed quite well.

Closed tonight, so had a relaxing afternoon and evening at home. I cleaned the multigym that we inherited when we moved in, and had about 20 mins of various pulling and pushing etc. Not a clue what I'm doing really, but a customer of ours is a personal trainer and has said that when he gets back from England, he will pop over and show me what to do! My theory at the moment is that any exercise is good exercise! I am really feeling it in my upper arms and shoulders tonight. I always preach to people that no matter what exercise they are undertaking, they should stretch before and after, and there's me, jumping straight in without stretching. A very good old friend of mine, (well, he's not that old, I've just known him for ages, although haven't seen him for about 23 years!), Kerrigan, also suggested that I stretch before and after. I'm sure you are having a little chuckle as you read this Mr Bryant!

Dinner was a very simple affair this evening. Although Laura had made a really nice lasagne, I decided that I would have something a little less in calories and I needed to use up a load of left overs anyway. I made a fried rice dish using up some brown rice, onions ,peas and spare ribs from work! It wasnt too bad at all! Here it is.......

First, I gently sweated some onions in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes and then added the chopped pork and peas......

Shoved in the cooked brown rice......

Chucked in an egg and voila!....


Its not a culinary masteroiece, but it used up some old left overs lying around, and took about 10 mins from start to finish..........

Thats my lot for tonight pees, sleep well and I will be back tomorrow!

Nite nite
Jimbo

2 comments:

  1. So sorry not been on for a wee while, went away for the weekend with the kids to Switzerland. Had a lovely time, in the fresh Swiss air, walking, sightseeing and eating marvelous handmade chocolate.
    Pleased to see you have lost more weight. Keep up the good work on your outdoor Gym. How brilliant to be working out outdoors. Although the temperatures sound unbearable at the moment for you all. Good to hear your customers have returned too, they always remember where they have been treated well and served good food xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switzerland is somewhere I've always wanted to go. Glad you had a lovely time and enjoyed the chocolate ;0)

    Glad you're back though! And thanks for your lovely comments as always xx

    ReplyDelete