Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 141 - Sunday lunch...... (we're here again)!

It's Sunday again........... I keep saying it, but it really does seem to come round so quickly.

Ok, so today I decided that as no one had eaten my figs, I was gonna stick 'em on as a starter! I thought that if I put them on with a boring old soup, (tomato), I might get some takers..... Yeah, right......, 14 soup and 2 fig and goats cheese salads! Whats up with people? The soup was really nice, but its just tomato soup at the end of the day. How often are figs in season, beautifully ripe and sweet and bursting out of their skins? These bloody customers just dont give a toss! 'Oooh, I cant have anything different, I might explode'........... JUST BLOODY TRY IT! In all honesty, we have an awful lot of regulars on a Sunday, and to those that will try all the various starters I produce, I applaud you. To the others, who eat the same thing EVERY WEEK when there is such variety, GET A LIFE! You do not have to eat the same thing at the same time at the same table evry week. Why will you not try something different? Aaah, who cares? Well, actually, I do. Thats my problem. I simply care too much and want people to a)try and b) enjoy my food and I get disheartened when they dont try. Although I am proud of all the food I serve and therefore shouldnt worry whose having what, over a period of time I get to know who's having what and I think to myself....., 'if these people like it here and enjoy the food so much that they come every week, why do not they try?'......... Rant over, here's what they missed by not trying the goats cheese and fig salad.....

Ok, its not the best picture in the world, but you get the idea. 3 lovely little figs topped with goats cheese and melted in the oven served with some mixed nuts, dry fruit and balsamic syrup and a few dressed salad leaves. Fresh, tasty and a perfect light starter........

We move on to the main course....... Maybe I ranted too soon! For the first time EVER, beef was NOT the biggest seller. Today, in the battle of the meats, Pork was the victor. So chuffed about that, as I thought long and hard about whether or not to even cook the dish! Glad I took the plunge! Because experience tells me that our regular clientele would rather just have a plain old 'traditional' roast, I am always a little uncertain about whether to serve something that isn't. I decided on pork tenderloin served with a lentil 'sorfrito', (for want of a better term) and some dijon mash. I think it tasted really good and looked decent too. In fact as part of three courses including wine for 14.95€, I think its a steal....... I bet just the pork dish on its own would be close to 14.95€ in a lot of restaurants. Decide for yourselves.......


Ok, thats me done! I've moaned, ranted and shown off my food. Just off to watch Jamie Oliver cook Morrocan shoulder of lamb. One for the menu next Sunday? Yeah, right!

Nght peeps, speak to you all again tomorrow. Thanks for reading
Jumbo

No comments:

Post a Comment