Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 145 - Serious back pain!

I'm not one for whinging about pain etc, as life has taught me that there are people far worse off than myself, but my back has been gradually getting worse and worse over the last year or so and on a couple of occasions today, I was doubled over in agony on the kitchen floor. God, I sound like a right wuss! I suppose I am saying this publicly in case any of you out there have an answer. maybe one of you has had the same symptoms and can give me a diagnosis....? Basically, there is a tightness in several places on my back and at times it fells like I've been winded. I can also feel a type of burning sensation occasionally....... I look forward to your answers!

That aside, t'was another disgustingly hot, humid, sticky and busy day. Glad its over...!

After a slow start, we managed 28 tonight. Good for the pocket, but another disappointing evening as far as converting the Brits in concerned! Out of the 28, only 3 ate off the menu, and the other 25 had 'All you can eat'. I know there are exceptions and reasons why customers choose that option, but I just wish more would try eating off the menu. Here is tonight's set menu. At 11.95€, I think its incredible value for money. See what you think...


Although I made it , I have to say that the mushroom soup was REALLY good. Had a little myself after service! I managed to get a quick piccy of the aubergine starter before it left for the table. Is it me, or does it look like the 2 stacks are having a little romantic moment?

Its a bit 90's, but tastes good! I'd love to take the menu up a couple of notches, but there just isnt the demand for it... I wish Calpe was a more affluent area, with some people under 70.....

A big hello to Ian Clarke, who has been reading the blog and visiting our restaurant page on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lauras-at-West-Beach-Calpe/179443228776929 , who came in for dinner this evening. If you are reading this Ian, it was a pleasure to cook for you and your family this evening! Hope my boys stuff the Toon on Saturday!

Ok, back seriously playing up again. I am sitting very upright and I think my posture is good, but too painful, so I'm off to bed.

I'll be back tomorrow peeps,
sleep well
Jimbo x



3 comments:

  1. Your back pain might be from the type of exercises you are doing, you need a sports massage xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Jim, really enjoyed visiting your place although I now feel guilty for having the meat fest !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Working hard is great, but maybe it’s about time for you to take things easy and not stress yourself too much from running errands. Take things easy, and make sure to take time to rest and just relax. Too much stress and pressure can result to back pain, Jimbo. And, one more thing: continue sitting and standing upright, my friend! Proper posture can help prevent back problems as well.

    Quentin Edberg

    ReplyDelete