Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 131- Eureka!

Yes, yeeeeha, ya, si, oui, aye, marvellous, fantastic, amazing, heart warming, get in my son! 

Do excuse my rather excited start to this evenings ramble, but I am a happy bunny tonight as people actually tried something different tonight in the restaurant!!! I have literally skipped to the computer to type this.................................!

I shall show you a picture of tonights set menu, which will help you all to understand my drivel a little easier......


We were particularly busy tonight, and I was very heartened that the majority of customers chose the set menu as opposed to the all you can eat meat fest! Thinking about it, there did seem to be a distinct lack of fat, pink Brits tonight, so that probably explains it! If there are any fat, pink Brits reading this a) sorry and b) get your fat arses down to the restaurant on Saturday for all you can eat steak, ribs, chicken etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As regular readers will be aware, I get extremely disheartened when I go to great lengths to ensure that I offer interesting, fresh, and inexpensive food, only for no one to order it. I spent about 5 hours today prepping for tonight and the whole time I was doing it, I was thinking to myself... 'why I am doing this, no bugger will even try it. Why do I waste my time making the effort.....' I'll tell me why, young fellow me lad, because of nights like tonight!

I sold out of the goats cheese starter, see below...

 and got excellent feedback!

I sold out of the stuffed pork loin, (I just typed 'lion' instead of loin! Should have left it.....!) see below..
 and got excellent feedback!

2 people ordered the chargrilled chicken, and again, we got excellent feedback.

After selling out of the goats cheese starter, I had to quickly improvise an create another, so chopped up these tomatoes......


Ooops, I cant get the picture any smaller, sorry, and came up with this...........,

Once again, the computer is playing with my head at 2 am and I cant resize this picture, sorry!, but guess what......, excellent feedback!

I sold several portions of my Tuscan sausage, and although I was too busy to take a photo of the finished plate, I took some of it being made earlier........

First I skinned the sausages and took the meat out. Then mixed with some oregano and seasoned well. Then rolled the meixture into little balls....


sorry, all the pictures are going to be huge now!

Then fried them in small batches so as not to overcrowd the pan.....


and then cooked them in a red wine and tomato sauce................

Oh, nearly forgot..., got excellent feedback!

We also sold some portions of the fusilli with 'deconstructed pesto' and a few bowls of the tomato and roasted pepper soup, so all in all, I'm a happy bunny! I forgot to mention that several people did have the 'All you can eat', (don't worry fat, pink Brits, I have ordered more food), option and they were happy too!

No doom and gloom tonight, my faith has been restored!

So all in all, a very successful evening, both financially and in a fulfilling way and therefore I am going to leave it there!

Enjoy your day tomorrow peeps and I will be back as ever with some more happenings of the day

Sleep well
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment