Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 124-The hottest day I can EVER remember....

I got up at about 8am this morning as I had some washing to hang out, (yes, I do the washing!) and instantly knew when I stepped outside that it was going to be stupidly hot. We have had warnings on Spanish TV that we are in 'orange alert', whatever that means! It doesn't help when you spend 14 hours in a kitchen with no windows............ I love cooking, but its days like today that I hate what I do. Knowing that tomorrow will be just as hard and just as hot is just depressing.........

So I will move on to the subject I love....food. Sometimes I find food prep a little boring and somewhat of a chore, but after yesterday's visit to 'Carrefour', I was excited about creating some dishes for tonight. I know its silly, and some of the dishes are just things like coleslaw, potato salad and pasta salad, but knowing where the produce came from and knowing the quality of it, makes it exciting to use. I must sound like a real foody saddo! So I joyfully set about my prep this morning with pride and gusto and a massive fan 2 feet from my face!! Here's a piccy of the salads...


Ooooh, just thought, I've never posted a piccy of a menu on my blog yet, so here is todays!


I think its excellent value for money, what do you lot think?

On to my Butternut squash risotto....... I dont often 'big up' my own creations, in fact I'm very critical of my own work, but I have to say that its one of the nicest things I have EVER eaten. I made it with some butternut squash, (obviously),little piquito peppers, some rosemary, sage and lots of grated Parmesan. A seriously good dish. Here is a photo of it. Please note that the finished dish would be looser, but as no one ordered it, I had to make up a mock one for photographic purposes!


Hopefully someone will order it over the next couple of days, if not, I will turn it into arancini, one of my favourite things in the whole world!

Well, thats it for now, its 2.15 am (still 31 degrees) and a heat wave predicted for the weekend! It cant get any hotter.........can it?

NIte nite peeps, thanks as always for reading my drivel, and I will furnish you all with details of my day tomorrow.

Take care
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment