Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 126 - The 17th Weigh in.........

I hit the scales at 'The Beauty Box' this morning in fairly confident mood of a loss, and I was not disappointed! I lost 3 pounds, yey! Go Jimbo, go Jimbo, (yes, I'm doing that silly dance)! So, an overall loss of 2 stone 12 lbs. 2 more pounds for the 3 stone landmark! I'm also aiming to be under 17 stone by the end of the month, so 9 pounds to go for that target.................................

A so so day at work both downstairs today in the cafe, and upstairs tonight in the restaurant. Oh, and guess what?.............., it was bloody hot again! It was more of a sticky humid heat than a direct sun heat if that makes sense. I was a little saddened that no one had the Butternut squash and red pepper risotto, butr hey, thats life. I often talk about the frustrations of trying so hard and putting so much effort into making interesting an sometimes innovative dishes, just to see them go to waste. Although I am disappointed that no one even tried it, there is a positive side................... Firstly, I get to eat some for my dinner tomorrow, yipee, and secondly I can make 'arancini' with the rest! For those of you not familliar with the Italian staple, it is simply risotto left to go cold and rolled into balls. Then flour , egg and breadcrumbed to make the finished arancini. Deep fry them for 4/5 mins and serve them on top of  a little home made tomato sauce. YUMMY!

Off to bed now as its 1am and its an early start for Sunday lunch prep tomorrow.

Nite all, and speak to yuo all again tomorrow
Ciao for now!

Slimbo (I'm back)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment