Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 147 & 148! - Weight stayed the same...Ready for pahse 2!

First of all, apologies for there being no blog yesterday, but I got home, relaxed, ate, watched a little TV and just crashed! Really didnt have the ooomph!

Not alot happened anyway! I got on the scales yesterday morning for my weekly weigh in, but alas, no loss... I hadn't gained, so I suppose it could have been worse. I am not happy though because I haven't lost weight  now for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if it has coincided with my gym sessions, or if its just that I am not being as careful as I was at the start of the journey, but I need to change a few things.

For one, although I have been swimming every day, I havent been doing as much as I did at the old house with the bigger pool, so methinks I need to do a little more. I also think I need to get back to basics with the calorie intake and log everything down that I eat. We shall see next week...

Work was pretty same old same old yesterday, nothing really to report. An average sort of day, but no where near as busy as last year...

Today has come and gone, the back pain this afternoon has been the worst its ever been, but I managed to lie down for around 20 mins after work, and that eased the pain a little.

21 in for Sunday Lunch today, which would normally be pretty pathetic, but considering the weather today, it could have been worse. It poured down! I cannot actually remember the last time it rained, and I mean that, its not just a figure of speech, but boy oh boy did the heavens open up today. It was only for a couple of hours, but when it rains here, it realy rains. Well done to the 21 who all arrived looking like drowned rats, and thank you for making the effort. I didnt do a soup today, a) because I wanted the left over mushroom soup for myself!, and b) its too hot. I know that the Calpe 'Old Fart Sunday Lunch' guide stipulates that you must serve soup, but bollocks! My fig tree is still yielding those little buggers like there's no tonorrow, so I did a warm fig, mozzarella and Parma ham salad and my favourite goats cheese, caramelised onion, Serrano ham and balsamic on toasted bread. Can you believe that one customer asked why there was no soup on the menu! When Laura came back and told me, I wanted to scream..'BECAUSE ITS NOT EFFING COMPULSORY!' He must have been the editor of the 'Old Farts' mag!

So another weekend has passed and we all have our health, (even if my back is telling me differently).

I am off now to watch Match of the Day, so I wish you all a very good nights sleep, and I will be back to bore you tomorrow.

Hasta la pasta amigos...
Jimbo

I hit the pool this afternoon, dont think I even swam a length, just spent a couple of hours with Harrison & his girlfriend Susana. Slowly, but surely over the last couple of weeks, Susana has been showing a little more confidence each time, and today she did really well. Not only did she jump in off the side for the first time unaided, but she swam her first full width on her own. It may not seem much, but 4 weeks ago she was terrified of water. Well done Susana x



No comments:

Post a Comment