Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 138 - My second work out. GOD I ACHE!

Another day has come and gone. Its been hot, its been sticky, blah blah blah! We've had punters, we've made food, blah, blah,blah!

I spent most of the day, as I always do on a Thursday, upstairs in the restaurant kitchen preparing for tonight's service.  I found one of those velcro strap things that you put an Iphone in when you go jogging, in one of our boxes we unpacked during the move. I had bought it a few years ago whe I was doing a bit of cycling. Okay, I went out on my bike about 4 times!!!!! It meant that instead of having my Iphone in my shorts pocket and the ear phone cable getting in the way of chopping etc, I could strap it to my upper arm and listen happily to Mr Ed Sheeran whilst doing my thang!

I went through the usual routine of preparing the salad bar. (I hate the whole concept of  'the salad bar', it just reminds me of 'Harvester restaurants' from the 80's, but its what the punters want and it pays the rent, so it stays for now......) I do however try and change it about a bit, so at least I don't get too bored! Today, I used Spanish onion instead of spring onion in the potato salad. I live on the edge.....................;0)

In all seriousness, I changed it a little this week. I ditched the chargrilled veg pasta salad and made a really nice chargrilled veg cous cous instead! Just a different wheat I hear you crying....... Maybe, but I added some coriander and mint, some lemon juice and some dried fruit and nuts and it was rather scrumptious! Once again though, I dont know why I made the effort, as it was hardly touched!

Had 20 odd in tonight and ALL went for the 'All you can eat' option. Although it disappoints me that people do not try the delights that I spend hours creating on the menu, service is very easy when everyone is having the same, so part of me is quite happy!

Managed to pop home for a couple of hours this afternnon, and like a good boy, I hit the gym! I found Tuesday's first work out a lot easier than todays! Stiff as a board today! I remembered all my stretching routines etc and had a rest day yesterday, but still ache to buggery! I'm guessing it gets easier.......................... I am going to do a little spreadsheet so I can monitor my progress.

Ok, its late, (1.50 am), and another loooooooooooooong day awaits tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.

Sleep well all and I will bore you all to tears again tomorrow
Nite nite
Jimbo xx

1 comment:

  1. very impressed with you and your workouts you know. It will get easier just keep going it will pay off in the end ..... honest xx

    ReplyDelete