Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 61- Another 'All you can eat' success!

Its 1am and I have just sat down! Got home about 20 mins ago, had a little swim to cool down and here I am. I apologise for any spelling mistakes I may make, but a) its late and b) I'm watching a recording of Eastenders whilst I type this!

I spent the day upstairs in the restaurant kitchen preparing for tonights menu, but had a sneaky breakfast of scrambled egg and mushrooms on toast. See if you can tell from the picture how many calories!


After munching on my brekkie, I made some potato salad, coleslaw, soup and cous cous. Here's a piccy of the cous cous.........

I am a firm believer in using as few ingredients as possible and not overcomplicating a recipe, but all these ingredients work so well together that I allowed this recipe to sneak through! It consisted of cous cous, roasted red pepper, courgette, aubergine, spring onion, asparagus, chickpeas, pistachio nuts and lemon thyme! Delicious! I wont give all my recipe secrets away as I'd never sell a copy of my book, but I'll let you all have this one for free!

A pretty quiet day at work was followed by a stupidly busy evening! We had 2 booked at 7pm and 10 for 8.30. Another 6 turned up during the first hour and then all hell broke loose as 16, yes, 16 turned up 5 minutes before the 10. So, basically we had 26 people all turn up at the same time! Thought we did rather well though, (even though I cut my thumb right in the middle of it all!) ,and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves......... A couple of rather large tips confirmed that!

Well, its stupid o'clock AGAIN and I'm off to bed now. Should be a busy day tomorrow with it being 'Fish & Chip Friday', (it seems to come around so quickly), and we also have a couple of potential new houses to look at at 4pm so I'll keep you all informed how that goes.

Sleep tight all and speak to you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams.........

Slimbo!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastico, it all looks and sounds very exciting, and what a busy evening, well done you. They will all be back i am sure xx

    ReplyDelete