Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 41 - Friday (aka Fish & Chip day)!

A slightly better day in the cafe bar today.... The road works continued to drive many away, but our regulars did us proud!  I was also able to play my own music today as Laura was upstairs, so Ed Sheeran and Jamie Cullum both had a good airing! Not too busy in the restaurant this lunchtime, but already have 28 booked for tonight (all between 7 & 8), so should be mad for an hour or so!

Breakfast was incredibly simple, incredibly tasty and pretty low on those nasty calories. However, I have not posted a picture because it looked a bit insipid! As nice as scrambled eggs mixed with mushrooms are, I now realise its far better to cook them seperately and then add them together at the end. DO NOT ADD THEM ANY EARLIER or you will end up with curdled cement! I repeat though, it was really tasty. I'll make it again one day next week and take a photo!

Just had my afternoon swim and returning back to work now so I will have to leave this again for a few hours and finish it later..............

Wow, what an hour at work. 30 booked in for Fish & Chips and all between 7 and 8pm! Managed to serve them all pretty efficiently and lots of happy faces left the restaurant, so all in all, a good night. I wonder how many will turn up tomorrow for the 'All you can eat' menu..... Watch this space!

Its midnight and I've just returned from work and munched on 2 small wholemeal toasts with low fat cheese and Branston Pickle on 1 and cheese and ham on the other. Exciting stuff huh! Didnt really want to eat this late before the weigh in tomorrow morning, but what the heck!

I have a day off tomorrow, (only a day, I still have to work tomorrow night), so a trip to Benidorm is on the cards to visit Macro and the pet shop! Yipee, what an exciting life I lead.

I will furnish you all tomorrow with details of my day and the weigh in!

Bon soir!

No comments:

Post a Comment