Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 47 - We had 30 in!

Thursday, day 47, only 3 more days until the big 50! I think I've done okay weight loss wise this week, but until I step on those 'Beauty Box' scales on Saturday, I wont know for sure.

I forgot my skimmed milk this morning, so no muesli again! I know that traditionally in Switzerland they eat it with orange juice etc, but not for me! At least not yet........ So breakfast was the usual piece of toast with some form of egg on it. This morning I chose to slice up a cold boiled one! As I've said before, I know how to live! Still, 200 calories is not a bad start to the day..............

We then had a visit from 'Sanidad', Spains answer to environmental health, and no matter how clean you think your place is, you always have that feeling of 'Oh shit, whats she gonna find?' ! To my deepest joy, she found nothing untoward, apart from slapping my wrist and telling me not to put till receipts on top of the beer pump! If thats all they can find, I'm a happy man.

As is now becomming usual, lunch did not happen, well at least not if you dont class tasting the food I was preparing for tonights salad bar!

 I managed a little frolic in the pool this afternoon with Harrison, but no real swimming was done. I may have made up for this by playing football with him for about 20 mins though. I must also confess to having not swum this morning!

So, on to tonight. I was very excited by the fact  that we already had 16 bookings and that was added to by a further 6 bookings before the start of play! By the end of play we had done 30 covers! To many, this may not seem alot, but for us on a Thursday its unheard of. Not sure whether its complete fluke, or word is finally getting around, but only time will tell. Here are some piccies of the contents of the salad bar.......

Potato salad with chives and bacon.....


Some coleslaw...


Cous cous with aubergine, courgette, red pepper, apricot, coriander, mint and lemon


Got some really good comments tonight and 2 customers actually asked if I'd come out of the kitchen so they could shake my hand! Oooooooooooh, hark at me! Sometimes on nights like tonight, you actually feel a sense of achievement. It doesnt happen often so I make sure I remember when it does!

Back home at about 11.30pm, watched the recording of Eastenders, had a 'bifidus activia' yoghurt, finished typing this at about 1.20 am and I'm off to bed now! I will be aiming to rise early this morning for a swim, so I really do have to go.

See ya! Speak to you all again tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment