Sunday, May 20, 2012

Days 49 & 50- Sorry, no blog yesterday, but completely shattered!

May 19th 2012, what a day! It started off quite well with a trip to the 'Beauty Box' to have my official weekly weigh in. I managed to lose another 3 lbs last week for a total weight loss in 7 weeks of 1 stone 11 lbs 9 (or 11.33 kilos). Very happy with that, especially as I have done very little excercise this week due to a niggling sore throat and head cold.

Work was pretty productive too. I managed to work downstairs in the cafe until just after lunch and then fled upstairs to prep for Saturday nights 'All you can eat' menu and for Sunday lunch. Managed to get all that done by about 4pm and then headed home for a couple of hours rest before heading back to work for the evening service.

Another decent nights work. We had 16 customers last night, which for a Saturday night when the Champions League final was on, was a pretty good turn out. As I have said before, we are always busy on Friday nights and Sunday lunches, but Thursdays and Saturdays are not so great, so for us to have had a good Thursday, Friday AND Saturday is very promising.

Talking of the Champions League...........! Some of you may be aware by now that I have been a loyal supporter of Chelsea FC now for about 35 years. I have seen them at the bottom of the old second division, I have been to Wrexham on a snowy winters night and seen us get beat 6-0. I have felt all the heartache that football has to offer. I have watched us get relegated and promoted. I went to my first FA Cup final in 1997 and watched us lift the trophy. I remember going to Stamford Bridge on the night of our very first game in the Champions League. I remember the numbness I felt when John Terry slipped as he was taking what would have been the 'winning penalty' in the final 3 years ago............... That numbness has finally left now and all the 'pain' I have felt over those years is gone. The most amazing feeling I have felt as a Chelsea fan! Amazing, incredible, emotional. My vocabulary is not refined enough to use any more, or any better words to describe the feeling as Didier Drogbas penalty hit the corner of the net. This picture will sum it up better than I ever could...............


I managed not to listen to any info on the game until I arrived home at approximately 11.45pm and so settled down to watch the game blissfully unaware of the drama that was to unfold. What a few hours! I managed to get to bed at about 2.45 am and was far too excited to sleep straight away. God knows what time I eventually dozed off! All I know is that when the alarm went off at 7.45 am this morning, I'd felt better! So off to work I went for the Sunday Lunch service.........

A usual busy Sunday service with 37 covers. Some new faces along with some die hards again this week, which was encouraging and they all seemed to like the roasted tomato and pepper risotto. I did!

 Lunch went well, (although it seemed like more than 37), and finally I managed to clean up and get home for about 5pm. Absolutely knackered! Sat and watched some recorded TV and wrote this. I'm off to bed now as its yet another early start tomorrow. Got to take Harrison to 'Denia Hospital', just for an eye check, nothing serious, so need some sleep........

Nite nite all, speak to you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment