Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 56 - The 8th weigh in......

Day 56, the 8th weigh in. I headed for the scales this morning hoping for at least a 3 pound loss to take me to the 2 stone mark. I was a little apprehensive as always and had my fingers crossed.............

I climbed on the scales, eyes fixed firmly on the wall in front of me, and waited for the verdict. As soon as I heard Heathers voice say 18 stone 5 lbs, I let out a little 'get in there'! I had broken the 2 stone mark! Yipee! Really chuffed. So a 2 stone 1 lb loss in exactly 8 weeks. So far, so good, but I know there is still a very long way to go and I know that the weight loss will become less and less the further along the journey I go. Very much on course though......

Didn't have to go in to work until about 4 pm today, so went for a coffe this morning in a local cafe, did a little shopping and for the first time in ages, just went home, had a little swim with Harrison and then did absolutely nothing until it was time for work.

Had to get in early for work as there is always a lot of prep to do on a Saturday evening, not only for the night ahead, but also for Sunday lunch. Just had to show you a little piccy of our rib eye steak as it looked so good! 90 seconds each side for me and pure food heaven!



We had two tables of 2 booked in, so again, more bookings than we used to get on a Saturday night before we introduced the 'all you can eat' menu. We actually ended up with 16 covers , which we cannot complain about, except for the fact that 14 all turned up at the same time!!

As is always the case, whenever you have a few people in, they all seem to turn up together! So we actually had 6 tables all turn up at the same time! It certainly increases the pressure, but one of the reasons for the change of menu was to speed up the way in which we could get the food out quickly when busy. It worked pretty well. If that scenario had occurred with our full A la Carte menu, we would have struggled. So all in all, another decent night.

I will be cutting this post short in a minute as it is already 1.45 am and I have to be up at 8am for work!Just wanted to thank you all for reading the tripe and drivel that I write daily and I will be back again tomorrow evening after a long Sunday Lunch service to enlighten you as to my days events.

Take care peeps, sleep well and talk to you tomorrow

Slimbo!

2 comments: