Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 40 - Soon the day will have caught up with my waist!

Hello all. I'm back! I have started writing this at 6pm and will be going to work in a mo, so will finish it later. Not that any of you would have known if I hadnt told you, so I dont know why I did really!

Arrived at work after the school run with ideas in my head about breakfast. Not that I eat, breathe, sleep and think food or anything, but I need to do it for you! Thats my excuse anyway! So here's brekkie.....

Might not look particularly amazing, but tasted good and only 400 calories! I used a little of the frittata I cooked yesterday and had it with some baked beans (Heinz of course), the part of a rasher of bacon with no fat on it and some dry fried mushrooms on a slice of wholemeal toast. Filling, tasty and low in calories. Perhaps I can be a 'God amongst men' now as well as women!!

Soon after breakfast I left the downstairs cafe to head upstairs to the restaurant and prepare food for tonight. I didnt have chance to eat lunch at work as I had so much to do in so little time, but I managed to grab a quick low fat cheese and lettuce tortilla wrap. 200 calories. I'm going to work now, so will continue soon.....!

I'm back! Not as soon as I would have liked, but I'm back none the less. Its now 11.45pm and I've just returned from work.

Work was an interesting excercise tonight. Things have been very quiet recently, (apart from Friday nights and Sunday afternoons when the whole ex pat population of Calpe descend upon us for fish and chips and Sunday roast), so we decided to change the menu. I really didnt want to go down the 'All you can eat and salad bar' road, but we had to try something...


As well as this rather luxurious salad bar, we served rib eye steak, char grilled chicken and ribs with home made Bar-B-Q sauce. Ooops, nearly forgot the minestrone soup!........


...8 people managed to show. Don't think they intended to come for the above reason, but at least we had some customers. Already 26 booked for fish and chips tomorrow night, but thats pretty expected anyway............... I wonder what Saturday will bring......... I think we've tried everything to get people in, so this is the last idea.... Apart from doing fish & chips everyday or a Sunday roast everyday, nothing else seems to work. We are still doing a set menu, so I can still be a little 'creative', but this type of cooking is not what I want, its not my passion, but its what we have to do to pay the bills.....

I'm still very disheartened at the work situation, but hey, there are people far worse off than me. It stands to reason that my dinner tonight was a little 'flat'. Here it is.................................................

Couldnt be arsed to make anything so just ate what was left of the soup!

Right, I've snapped out of the doom and gloom and Sunday is approaching, so I will have a good think about 'pimping up' the Sunday roast Jimbo style tomorrow and let you know my thoughts.

Sleep well blog readers and I'll speak to you all again tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Don't be disheartened, Slimbo, stay positive, it will all come good in the end. x

    ReplyDelete