Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 58 - Another busy Sunday service!

Day 58 and an early start in order to get in to work early in readiness for Sunday lunch. As the alarm went off this morning at 7.45, I wish I hadn't stayed up until 3.15am the night before! I'm definatelty feeling it now!

I had decided that I would do a slow roasted leg of lamb this week (along with the traditional Roast beef, Loin of Pork & Honey roasted Gammon), so had to get in by 9 am to get it to room temperature before shoving it in the oven. Got in at 9.10, not too bad!

Managed to get it all done by the start of play at 1pm and I have to say, the lamb was pretty amazing!! It had been slow roasted with sage, rosemary and red wine and after 2 1/2 hours it came out perfectly. Stupidly tender and melt in the mouth. ! 18 of the first 24 customers had it and we sold out before 2 o'clock! The feedback was really good and a lot of people asked why we didnt have it on every week. Simple, its bloody expensive!! We could do down the 'surcharge for lamb' route, but to be honest, I don't want to. I think also that sometimes its not a bad thing for people to want something they can't have! (At least not every week anyway!)

Managed to get home before 5pm as well and have a decent swim. Nothing better than launching yourself into the pool after a really hot and sweaty 9 hours in a 40 degree kitchen. Sheer bliss. Its what I think about doing from the moment I start to sweat!

Had a relaxing evening, (currently playing online poker), and looking forward to a day off tomorrow which will be spent searching for rental property agents as we need to move out by July 31st as our lease expires. Looking forward to it as I love looking around properties. Think I should have been an estate agent! Will try and relax and have a drink or 2 on the seafront as well methinks. Maybe even a cheeky spot of lunch (low calorie of course!)

On that note, I will sign off for now and update you all on my progress tomorrow. Might even make something 'interesting' for dinner.....

Sleep well peeps, hasta manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment