Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 36- Another full service for Sunday lunch (and no picking!)

Kept the Sunday lunch pretty traditional today, the only thing I 'pimped up' was the stuffing! Rather than filling the pork loin with apricot, sage & rosemary, I decided just to make a stuffing incorporating those ingredients. It seemed to go down very well and I got some good feedback. Also saw a few new faces, so that was good to see. I also managed not to dive in and pick at all the offerings!

Breakfast was just 2 scrambled egg on 1 dry toast and an OJ. 380 calories. No picture, sorry was prepping Sunday lunch and didnt have time!

Lunch was nothing short of pathetic ( 2 crisp bread things with home made hummusy stuff made with sundried tomato), 150 calories. I was pleased with the hummus as I wasnt too sure if the sundried tomato addition would work, but it gave it a nice.......... something! Sorry, again no picture as phone battery had died by this point and I was too hungry to wait.

I know it is not advisable to swim after eating, but it was hardly a meal, so I 'launched' myself into the pool and had a bit of a swim for half an hour (occasionally interrupted by Harrison shouting 'get the ball daddy!)

Dinner was a strange affair! I had gone to get Laura and Harrison a Pizza (I had abstained like a good boy) and when I got home I decided to create something with the 4 left over sausages I had not used the oher night. That was until I opened the fridge door and found they werent there! I asked if anyone knew of their whereabouts and was horrified to find out that they had been 'binned'! Gutted! Harrison was unable to finish his pizza, so I had his 2 remaining slices for my din dins. Naughty, but better than ordering my own one! A little extra swim tomorrow should knock off a few calories methinks.

Will try and add some pictures tomorrow to make things a little more interesting and possibly spend some time thinking of some interesting low calorie things to eat.

sleep well all and I will return tomorrow...................

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day Jim, successful as usual, boy, the people of Calpe love your Sunday roast don't they, and who can blame them, I will get there next week, I will let you know later in the week the time I want to dine.

    Your willpower amazes me Jim, to go for a takeaway pizza and not get one yourself, you are very brave and good on ya for not smacking Laura's pandies for asking you to get it for her in the first place!

    Keep it up kid you are doing greatx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sonia, its good to have you on my side x

    ReplyDelete