Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 38

Well, day 38 has come and gone, but not much has happened. Work was a little boring today and I found it hard to inspire myself to create anything interesting. The closest I got to interesting was putting some grated tomato, mayo, crispy bacon and avocado on a bit of toasted baguette and serving it as tapas. It unmoved me so much that I even forgot to take a picture for you all to see!

In fact, I was so bored this morning that I actually made myself some breakfast! I didnt really know what to have until I opened the fridge and saw these babies.......

Really ripe and smelt amazing so I grated them and mixed them with a little low fat sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil and spread on some toasted baguette. I had some asparagus that needed using up, so grilled them and dropped a poached egg on top. When I say dropped, I mean dropped!, as you can see below!

So breakfast was approximately 400 calories. As is becomming the norm now, lunch didnt really happen again, so I'll move straight on to dinner.

I was in the mood for a mozzarella and tomato salad, (as I still had those yummy tomatoes left over from breakfast), but wanted to give it a little twist while still keeping it calorie friendly. I used low fat mazzarella cheese, chargrilled a slice of aubergine and sort of made an 's' shape with the aubergine and wrapped the tomato and mozzarella in it. I then made a little basil oil and pretentiously drizzled it around the plate! Thats a terrible description I know, so here's a photo!

It looked a little pathetic on the plate, so I quickly grabbed a slice of bread, toasted it and topped with the remaining cheese and tomato......


I then ate it!


Told you my day was boring! Thats all for now, I will speak to you all again tomorrow.........

8 comments:

  1. Cre-a-tive, that's what you are. As long as you enjoyed it, who cares? it looks good to me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sanj, good to have you back! When did I say I enjoyed it?!! ONly joking, it was nice ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me laugh Jimbo! Well Done though!! Love the food you've got up at the moment, it's making me hungrys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Jim, never mind, we'll be there tomorrow to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. crikey, the things you can do with a tomato! keep it up Jimbo and well done x

    ReplyDelete