Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 39 - Potential food writing jobs in the pipline, and the journey moves on....

So, its Wednesday, day 39 of the journey, the sun is shining and its the night before we try something a little different at work....

Gosh, day 39, it doesnt seem anything like that..... I must be enjoying it! I've just read this back and realise that I've just used the word 'gosh'! Do people who aren't educated at Eton actually use those words?!!

Went to work in a positive frame of mind today even though they are digging up the road right outside our door and scaring off all our customers! We are doing something a little different on our Thursday and Saturday menu so I am a little apprehensive about it and constantly thinking about the best way to oragnise it etc. I did manage to stop thinking about it for long enough to think about what to have for breakfast though! As I am such a tight git when it comes to throwing away food, I decided to do something with yesterdays left over chargrilled veg, so I set about making a frittata. See below....


You will see that there is a piece missing........, thats because I ate it for breakfast! After nibbling the corner, I decided that's what I wanted. Thought about incorporating it with a full English (for 1 hundredth of a second), but decided just to adorn a peice of baguette with it!.......


Gonna have a good think and see how I can use the rest of it for brekkie tomorrow!

For lunch I just munched on a few peanuts and half a glass of wine. Don't listen to all those diet 'experts' out there,..... this is dieting baby!

Finished work and headed off to the supermarket to stock up for work and home and then collected Harrison from school. Knew I had to get in the pool today as I hadnt been in for a couple of days and I've been feeling a little 'fat' for the last couple of days. (Actually, I've been feeling fat for about 25 years!)

Got home, stripped off, (calm down ladies!), donned my Chelsea swimming shorts and put in a decent shift. It was disturbed a couple of times by Harrison shouting 'watch me Daddy' approximately 138 times, but in the end I probably managed about a 45 min swim.

My thoughts whilst swimming were about eating as early as possible so a) I didnt eat too late and b) I was working on the theory that my metabolism should start burning off my din dins a little quicker than normal.....

As stated earlier, I had been feeling a little fat recently, so thought it prudent to have something fairly light. I decided upon a tuna salad.......................

 Simply made with just tuna, green beans, basil, tomatoes, some of the guinea pigs little gem lettuce! and balsamic vinegar. I do have to confess to having 2 SMALL slices of wholemeal toast with it.. I know I'm probably eating too much bread, but for now while the weight keeps falling off, I'm just gonna carry on doing what I do. When the time comes for the next push, I know what I have to do.......

On a slightly different note, I have been applying for some freelance food writing jobs and had some very good feed back about the work I have submitted so far, so watch this space! Would love to do it as a full time job................

Gotta go now peeps as I have menus to type for tomorrow, so I shall bid you all a very good night and will speak to you tomorow, hopefully with positive news about the new menu!

Nite nite

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Slimbo, I'm so glad that you're feeling so great on this diet- like I've said before- you'll be as skinny as Cech before you know it! :P

    ReplyDelete