Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 89 - feeling thinner!

As most of you will know, even though I am consistently losing weight and I fully believe in my methods, I never really feel confident as I approach Saturday's weigh in. This week however, I feel thinnner! I dont know why, I just really feel like I've lost weight. My only worry is that when I feel like I've put weight on, I have always lost. Lets hope it doesn't work the other way around!

A profitable day both upstairs and down today and another scortcher. I find myself whinging about the temperature every day at the moment, but it does feel ridiculously hot. I dont remember it being this hot at the end of June last year. The outside temperature today hit 40 C.................

I managed to stay away from the downstairs cafe kitchen today as I was upstairs prepping for tonights service. It is still incredibly hot up there, but not a patch on the 50C temperatures of downstairs.

I decided to make a Russian salad of potatoes, peas, carrots, mayo, tuna, green beans and boiled egg. I really like it, but it didnt seem to go down that well tonight. In fact, I remember doing it a couple of weeks ao and it wasnt particularly popular then either. I will use whats left for Saturday's salad bar, but if not popular again, I will try something else. The potato salad is always popular, so I could put that on all the time, but I hate playing safe! I like to offer people something they wouldn't normally have or something they've never had before. Another salad bar choice tonight was cous cous with chargrilled vegetables, mint and coriander. It was delicious (if I do say so myself) and proved to be quite popular. I completely forgot to photograph my creations for you, so I will try and remember to do that tomorrow and post them on day 90's blog! Choice 3 was a 'simple', rustic coleslaw made with cabbage, carrot, onion, mayo and wholegrain mustard. I like for it not to be too mayoey, (now there's a word!), but at the same time, not too dry. As I said earlier, I will post some pictures tomorrow to show you what I mean.

We had 22 in tonight and unfortunately lost a potential 5 more as we had to tell them there was about a 30 minute delay. This was a direct result of most of the 22 arriving within 5 minutes of each other! Its a shame to lose customers, but I would rather be honest and tell people the truth than upset them. I also feel that if you have booked your table in advance, you shouldn't have to wait. Its a difficult juggling act sometimes, but we learn a little more every day. Sometimes, whatever you do is wrong.

More excellent comments from the diners and some pretty good tips too! Also manged to get home for 11pm, so a good night all round.

I'm off to bed now, so thanks for reading and I will try and remember some pictures for tomorrow!

Sweet dreams..............
Slimbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment