Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 75 - An amzingly tasty recipe for you........

Its Thursday.......'prep day'. A day when I can leave the chip fatty smell of the downstairs cafe and head upstairs to the relative 'rose garden' of upstairs!

I was quite chuffed with myself today. Without sounding like a big headed, egotistical tit, I know I can cook, but sometimes I create something that makes me think to myself..... 'Jimbo, that was different class'. I wanted to do something a little different for one of the main courses on the 'Menu of the Day' and as my passion is Italian food, I decided to make a curry! Only joking! I decided to make a peasanty type, rustic, Tuscan style pasta dish. Very simple in its concept, but with bags of flavour. To me that is the essence of good food.

I have a very strong feeling that this is going in the book, but as I value all my readers , I will allow you this recipe for free!  Here it is......

 Start by browning some 'country sausages' over a medium heat. You can use any sausages for this recipe you like. If you are watching the calories, you could try chicken sausages or similar. At this stage, you are not cooking them completely, just getting some nice colour. When browned, remove from the pan and set aside. Then finely dice an onion and gently sweat it down until it becomes translucent. At this point, add the sausages back to the pan with some fresh sage leaves. I used about 15 smallish ones. Turn the heat up to full whack and add a good glass of red wine. Something Italian makes sense. Burn off the alcohol and add a 400g tin of tomato passata. Do not discard the tin! Fill it with chicken stock and pour that in too. I always add a little sugar to tinned tomatoes as they can be quite bitter. Bring the heat down to low to medium. At this stage have a little taste and season with salt and pepper. I also add some fresh oregano. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for about 30 mins so all the flavours can really get going. After about 30 mins, remove the lid and reduce the sauce until you have the consistency you want. Remember, you need enough sauce left to coat the pasta. While your sauce is simmering, cook the pasta of your choice. Different shapes of pasta are made for a reason. Choose one that will hold the type of sauce you are making.

Thats it, that simple, that tasty! I have listed some pictures for you to have a look at.....
 
  I have to say that its one of the tastiest pasta dishes I have ever cooked. If any of you try it, I would love some feedback from you...

While prepping, I also made some 'pimped up' potato salad made with , peas, carrots, green beans, softened spring onion, bacon, oh and potatoes. Here's a piccy.................


It was another okay night for the 'all you can eat buffet', we had 16 in, so cant grumble. A picture for you of a platter of food for 1 person..........


I'll leave you with these images for now and I really would love some of you to make the pasta dish and hear your feedback...

I didnt manage to do a video today, people kept coming into the kitchen everytime I started setting the camera up, so another time!

As always, sleep well and I will speak to you all again tomorrow

Nite nite,
Slimbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment