Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 87 - 'I poured a teaspoon of water under my erection'........

Crazily hot day in the kitchen again today, but hey, we just have to get on with it. A slow start to the day meant that I could 'experiment' a little with breakfast. Nothing too scientific, just how to cook a whole portobello mushroom without using oil or an oven! I could have just sliced it and cooked it on my plancha (a Spanish hot plate), but I always do that and where would the fun be? So, I decided to place it upside down on the plancha and cover it with an aluminium bowl to steam it. I poured a teaspoon of water underneath my erection, (I'm such a child), in the hope that it would have a steaming effect. I use this method when topping a burger with cheese as it helps the cheese to melt. 5 minutes later I was rewarded for my idea with a cooked portobello mushroom. Weyhey! I shoved some scrambled egg on top and served it with some rocket leaves and a griddled tomato. Some of you may wonder about the use of salad leaves for breakfast. I think the pepperyness, (is that a word), of the rocket works really well and I also think that rocket and cress are very similar in flavour. If egg and cress works well, why shouldnt rocket? I enjoyed it anyhow. I'm starting to notice an Italian influence in my food presentation as most things I put on a plate seem to have red and green in them and with all my plates being white............ well here's what I mean......


By the end of play we had had another fruitful day at work and headed off to the outskirts of Benidorm to stock up on some needed items for the cafe. Took Harrison with us and made the customary trip to MacDonalds for him. I managed great restraint and only pinched 8 chips off his tray! I even had a water!

That was basically my day today, so I will leave you all alone for now, until tomorrow!

Take care readers, foodies, people with nothing better to do and sleep well
Slimbo x

No comments:

Post a Comment