Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 72 - I invent 'creamy' pasta at under 500 calories!

Here we are, Monday, Day 72. Some positive news on a house for rent! Its perfect, its within budget, but we are waiting on a phone call tomorrow/Wednesday to confirm if it will be available. There are a couple of problems that need to be sorted first. We will see......

Work was pretty ok. Fairly busy today for a Monday. In fact I hadnt even finished putting the chairs and tables out and people were sitting on them! I hate that! I like to get into work, have a coffee, sort my kitchen out, get everything ready and then they are allowed in! How dare they spoil my routine...... It was even hotter today than yesterday. I suppose I will just have to get used to it for the next few months.

I have been pining for a creamy pasta dish for the last few days, but obviously do not want to spoil my hard work, so I set about making a low calorie alternative today. Here it is.....


300g Fusilli pasta                        (1050 calories)
100g Low fat cream cheese        (150 calories)
200ml Chicken Stock                  (15 calories)
1 onion                                         (50 calories)
100g garden peas                        (80 calories)
100 ml fat free milk                     (40 calories)
200g Mushrooms                        (40 calories)

4 portions.......total calories 1425
Calories per portion approx 350

I'm very chuffed with this dish as it tasted pretty damn good. Its obviously not as good as using cream, but using cream got me to 20 stone!

Try it yourselves, you'll be surprised how good it is. Make sure you season well......

Thats me done for tonight. Sleep well, sweet dreams and I will speak to you all in the morning

Slimbo x

No comments:

Post a Comment