Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 63 - The 9th weigh in and other stuff!

So, I got on the scales this morning very much thinking that I had not had a good week. I genuinely believed that I had gained weight. Tentatively, I mounted the scales (very poetic, or kinky, which ever way you take it), and heard Heathers words......'You've stayed the same'. My initial feeling was that of relief, but after digesting the information and thinking back to all the 'rabbit food' I had nibbled on last week, I thought to myself  ' does 1 small naughty evening of wine and steak mean that the other 6 days of 'being good' mean nothing?' After feeling sorry for myself,  I then realised that it is quite possible that even if I hadnt had my weak moment, I may not have lost any weight. There are many factors to take in. Could it be that I have gained a little muscle with all the swimming and excercise I have been doing,or could it be just that the body does things that I will never quite fully understand? I'm going for the latter! I am thinking positively that I may have one of those big losses next week. I would love to hit the 17 stone something mark and although I think 5 pouinds is a tall order, you never know!

I've just read that paragraph back to myself and didnt understand it. What chance have you lot got?!!

Moving on to work..........

A pretty standard Saturday morning in the cafe....... Every one piling in at the same time and wanting full English breakfasts. Just when you think you can pop out of the kitchen for a minute and cool down, 2 more come in wanting hot food and it goes on and on until about 1pm and then goes flat. Thats usually the point at which I go upstairs to do some of the prep for Saturday evening and for Sunday Lunch. Today was no different.

Managed to get it done by about  4pm and headed off home to spend a couple of hours by the pool with Harrison until it was time to go back for the evening service. We had a booking for 2 people at 8.30 and by 8pm we were still empty. We finished up with 9, which baring in mind England were playing a friendly and the final of 'The Voice' was on, it could have been worse.

Talking of 'The Voice', I am extremely pleased that Leanne won. I think she has an amazing voice. As soon as Jazz Ellington was out, I wanted her to win. I didnt think she would as I thought the public may go for someone more like Bo, but they didnt select her.....Thats a joke by the way....... Bo select her (selecta). Even at 2.45am I'm cracking jokes! Talking of 2.45am, its time I went to bed as its early start for Sunday lunch in the morning.

So I bid you all good night and I will speak to you all again tomorrow

Sleep well, sweat dreams, oh, and a very big thank you to all you readers out there who got me over the 3000 views today. THANK YOU ;0)

Slimbo xx

2 comments:

  1. well once again you have excelled yourself. You are still positive, that's what counts.
    Talking of 'The Voice', my sentiments entirely. I was disappointed that Jazz was eliminated, but really thrilled Leanne with the big voice won. Just like you i thought Bo (like your pun) would be the one that everyone would chose, hey ho the best one won. Hope Sunday is good for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Sandria, always there for me. I scroll down to the bottom of my post each day to see if anyone has commented and my eyes light up when I see '1 comment'! Keep lighting my eyes up Sandria!

    ReplyDelete