Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 69- (is it just MY schoolboy humour that finds that funny)!

Its Friday, day 69 (snigger) and tomorrow is weigh day! I'm hoping for a good result as I feel much lighter and thinner this week, but the scales are funny things sometimes. I have been getting some nice comments from people that I havent seen for a few weeks, so its nice to know that people are noticing.
I have had 2 swims today and I will try and get up early enough in the morning to have one before I get weighed. We shall see......!

Work was hot, sticky and stop start today with a decent return at the end. The road works seem to have finished outside for now, so it was also quite a peaceful day too! The zebra crossing seems to be staying for a while, which is hilarious seeing as though there is a tree right in the middle of the exit and 2 of our 4 chairs and tables from the cafe are also in the way. I wonder how long it will stay like that. I have taken a picture to try and give you an idea of what I mean! Notice the seating area on the other side of the road as well... Madness!


A little drama unfolded today in the sleepy coastal resort of Calpe. There was a pretty serious forest fire about 1/2 mile from where we live. Not sure how it started, but its still going on now after about 15 hours. Fortunately the wind changed direction and its moving away from us now.....phew. As we drove home this afternoon, we could see huge plumes of black smoke behind where we live and we enjoyed watching the planes and heicopters dropping huge amounts of water over the flames! Great to watch, but a little close to home for comfort. Here's a picture of the fire and one of a plane heading towards it to drop some water........
Photo: Scary!!!!!Photo: Plane ready to drop the water!!

I decided to marinate Sundays lamb tonight. My thinking being that the longer it has to marinate, the fuller the flavour. Looking forward to tasting it on Sunday. Gonna make some mushroom soup as one of the starters and I must remember to take out some for me before I put the cream in this time!
Heres the lamb.........


I'm off to bed now....., gotta try and get up early for a pre weigh in swim. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Sleep well and thanks for reading..
Slimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment