Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 82 - Another ridiculously busy day & night. Why did I have the 'all you can eat' idea!

Ok....its nearly 1am and we've only just go in from work. Why did I have the 'all you can eat ' idea!! Financially its a good thing, but bloody hell its hard work. Its not just the nights work, its all the prep in ridiculous heat before hand and all the cleaning up afterwards. Its the stripping all the table cloths and getting them home, then sticking them on a wash so that they can be hung out and dried before tomorrow nights service etc etc...... Its never ending! We already have 27 booked for tomorrow night and we usually get a lot of bookings during the day for the night................... Its all playing havoc with my eating habits.......... Once agian I have no confidence in Saturday's weigh in.

I made some very nice food today and took some photos to show you all, but left my bloody phone at work! So you will have to wait until tomorrows blog for the piccies, sorry! I made a really nice minestrone soup for tonights service, (it will be for Saturday night as well and will taste even better then) and I started preparing a pork,beef, asparagus, sage, thyme & apricot terrine for Sunday lunch. I have pictures of both for you tomorrow............... Ha ha, Laura has just found my phone! It was here all the time! Here is my terrine...........
 
I will upload some pictures of the finished product on Sunday.......

I also had a little fun with some char grilled veg, mint, pasta, lemon juice and olive oil and decided to use it as one of the options for the 'salad bar' at work. The whole lot went!! Here it is.......


I need to go now as Laura needs some help cleaning the house, (yes, at 1 am), as there are people coming to view tomorrow. I also need some sleep!

Laters people, I will furnish you all with more details tomorrow. Take care xx

Slimbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment