Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 68 - I get quite philosophical tonight............

Its 11.50pm and I've just got in from work. Pretty busy tonight (27 covers), but I'm still not sure if its the 'All you can eat' thats bringing them in or whether its just a coincidence that we have started getting busier since we introduced it.....? I seem to remember having a busy end of May, beginning of June last year...... Time will tell. For the moment I will revel in the fact that it was my idea and I shall take all the credit for it!

So, I had a monthly check up at the quacks this morning and was Rosa Anna pleased with me! Teachers pet methinks. Told me she was amazed at my weight and girth loss and I should keep going. At least thats how I translated the Spanish! Joking aside, she was very pleased with my progress. I have lost 13 cm around my waist and my blood pressure has gone down from 145/90 on April 1st to 130/80 today. My sugar levels are fine (82) whatever that means and she has made an appointment for me to come back in a month. Just checked Google, and 82 for blood sugar is 'normal'! Yipee, I'm normal...., well, sort of!

I feel thinner this week! Last week I felt fat and thought I'd put weight on, but I feel thinner now. I can definately see it in my face, (I'm down to 11 chins now), and my belly is smaller. I hope the scales reflect this on Saturday morning! It is possible that I will not have lost any weight as I am gaining muscle, but I hope to have lost a little. I would be nice for it to be about 6 lbs as I would hit the 17 stone something mark, but I think nearer 2lbs. We shall see!

I havent been eating anything exciting over the last couple of weeks, hence no pictures, but I have been following the remit, so I'm on course. I firmly believe that I have 'changed my eating habits'. I dont do the things I used to do and I eat much differently now to 2 months ago. I eat 'the good stuff' now as a first thought and to be honest, I dont have 'the bad stuff' in the house anyway. I think that confirms my old habits are gone. Its not a case of me going back to bad habits, I just eat differently now. But now has become the norm. Does that make sense? I just read it back and thought 'what'? You get the drift (I hope). There is still a huge way to go with the weight loss and fitness, but I KNOW now that for the first time in my life I am in control of what I eat and food is not in control of me. As I stated initially when I undertook this journey, I have been on most diets and they all work......until you come off them. Therefore that would mean that either a) you would need to stay on the diet for ever or b) you would need to change your eating habits or you simply put the weight back on. The reason that you put the weight back on is because you revert to the habits that made you overweight in the first place. Change the way you eat. Change what you eat and change you life. If I sound like I am lecturing, please remember that I am still about 5 stone overweight, so I have no right to. I am simply trying to get across the mindset I am now in. It is a simple theory, not a gimick or a faddy diet. It has worked for me so far. I have publicly put myself on show and if I fail I will look like a complete plonker, but I can truthfully say that I know I will get where I want now. I am hoing to achieve it by the beginning of April next year, but if it takes a little longer, thaan so be it.

After all that drivel, I will leave you all alone now and watch my recording of Eastenders before hitting the sack. Sleep well all and speak to you tomorrow

Slimbo !

No comments:

Post a Comment