Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 83 - Really have had enough of this heat......

Friday has come and gone again, (well nearly, its 11.30pm), and I am sitting here typing this, wondering how much weight I will have gained this week! I know this happens EVERY Friday night and I am yet to gain any weight on this journey, but I always feel like I have gained. Especially on  a Friday night! We shall see in the morning...........................

As you can probably guess from the title of todays ramblings, It was STUPIDLY hot at work again today. Why am I surprised? Its June and I live in Spain! Anyway, I took a picture of the thermometer in the downstairs cafe kitchen just to give you an idea of what I mean......

Ridiculous!

Another profitable day though, both downstairs in the cafe and tonight in the upstairs restaurant. I managed to cook my terrine tonight and I have stuck it in the fridge with a weight on top. The weight is a plate with tins of mushy peas on top! It should set perfectly for Sunday. I think I will serve it with a rocket salad, some seeded brown bread, some gherkins and maybe some baby pickled onions. Think it might benefit from a little balsamic syrup as well, so will try and incorporate that somewhere in the dish. Nothing else to say really, except wish me luck for tomorrows weigh in and I will speak to you all again tomorrow. As always, if you cant wait until tomorrow night for the results, have a look at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/185455448234743/ at about 10am!

Take care, night night and speak soon
Slimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment